74.

She woke up alone.

It wasn't a surprise, it was a norm back at the arrow house too, but she hoped today would've been different.

The sun was barely up and soft light streams were coming in through the window. It was strange how peaceful everything felt in that moment. As if nothing could harm her.

Closing her eyes, taking in the silence before the busy streets came. Bringing her hand to rub her belly. Picturing her life with no danger. No vendetta, no death, no past lovers coming back into her life. Only her, Tommy and their family.
Opening her eyes with a content smile, she got out of bed.

Carefully moving her shoulder, trying to get it use to moving again. Then got ready for the day. She had a feeling today would be different, today would be good. With Tommy spending the night with her, maybe it's a good time to finally tell him he was going to have another baby...

Carefully making her way downstairs, she was actually surprised to see that Tommy was still here. He was in the kitchen, smoking a cigarette, standing over the table reading the newspaper.

She stayed in the door way, his back to her, she didn't know how to make her presence known. She hated that she didn't know how to act around Tommy anymore. Things changed so fast that she couldn't keep up. There was a time where she could tell him absolutely everything, now it felt like she was walking on eggshells. One wrong move and he would shut her out again.

"Hello Bella." He spoke, not turning around but knew she was there.

There it is, she thought. Bella. It was always just Bella now. Not peach or love or any of the other nicknames he's given her over the years. Just Bella.

"Morning Tommy." She replied trying not to let her hurt shine through. She's been so emotional lately.

He blew out some smoke. "You're up early."

Biting her lip before replying "you stayed the night." She told him, letting him know she was awake to feel him get into bed with her.

Clearing his throat as he stood up and turned around to face her. She was shrunk into herself, she was nervous, Tommy noticed this.

Playing with a piece of her hair, waiting for him to say something.
Finally he nodded, "I did. But I have to get to my meetings."

Pushing herself off the doorway, taking a step towards him "Polly said that you have a family meeting at the hospital with Michael today."

He stood with the cigarette hanging on his lips. "Polly told you that, eh?"

She nodded, taking another step closer to him "can I come?" She asked hopeful, she was basically healed and can move on her own now, there was no longer a need to stay in this house all day.

"No."

No? She furrowed her brows "why not? I'm healed now, Tommy. I can hel-"

"I said no Bella." He cut her off, putting his cigarette out on the ashtray. Starting to collect his things putting them in his brief case.

Not understanding why she wasn't allowed to come to the meeting, she was family now and she was apart of the business. She took a step closer to him, making sure he could hear her.
"Tommy, I can help. Tell me what you know and done so far and I can help. I can do something-"

"I SAID NO!" He spun around raising his voice at her

She shrunk back, a deep frown on her face. He never raises his voice at her. "I-I don't understand why you won't let me-"