Chapter 72: Fighting off the Triceraton Fighters

They all ran for the stealth ships the Kraang had kept in while Leatherhead jumped in the water.

"It's too late to blow this thing. Pair up and grab a ship," Leo instructed and they did so.

"Dibs!" Raph shouted.

"I'm driving," Leo smirked as he shoved Raph out of the way.

"Heaven help us," Jamie said to herself.

"I want to drive!" Casey exclaimed then Mikey got there first.

Luckily, Donnie and April didn't have to fight over who would fly it. Then as they escaped, they noticed the mothership of the Triceratons firing up.

"They're not just targeting the Technodrome. They're heading for the city," Leo informed.

"Then push this thing faster, Leo!" Raph said.

The Triceraton ships then took off after the stealth ships.

"Ah, look out! Whoa!" Raph exclaimed as they dodged more blasts.

"More on your right flank!" Jamie said and Leo dodged those too.

"Over there. That way! Now 9:00," April said to Donnie.

"We make a pretty good team, even though the odds of us surviving this are 967-to-1," Donnie pointed out.

"Whoo-hoo! Yeah, dog! And Sensei says video games are useless. How else could I learn to do this?" Mikey asked then yelled while doing a trick, "Whoo!"

"This is the coolest thing ever!" Casey shouted.

Some more ships kept coming after them.

"They made it, but the Technodrome's still flying," Raph said.

"Not for long it's not. Look!" Leo pointed out.

"Oh man," Jamie commented.

As the ship fired up, one of the fighter ships shot Donnie's and April's ship out of the sky.

"We've been hit! We're going down! Grab on to something!" Donnie stated in panic.

April wrapped her arms around Donnie's neck, much to his delight. But they both screamed as they headed toward Coney Island. They then crash landed and dizzily got out as Leatherhead ran to them.

"My friends, are you okay?" Leatherhead asked.

"I've always hated roller coasters," April groaned as she rubbed her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh man! This is getting crazy!