Chapter 46: Back to the Present

The turtles and Jamie stayed by the fire that was out as they recalled the night before. Donnie looked at his T-Phone to see April's and Casey's images returned to their rightful places.

"Everything's back to normal. Finally," he replied sadly.

"Except for the part where we're stuck thousands of miles from home and 16 years in the past!" Raph shouted in frustration, throwing his food to the ground.

Jamie put her arm around him and pulled him close, making him calm down.

"We might as well get used to it, guys. Maybe being a Yokai won't be so bad," Mikey said.

"And did you finally figure out why your image stayed intact, Jamie?" Leo asked.

"I think I know why," Jamie answered, smiling at Raph.

Then a portal opened above them and Renet appeared. Then she fell on the ground and stood up, relieved.

"Yes! Finally, I found you," she remarked.

"Renet!" Mikey cheered, hugging her tightly.

"Heh, it's good to see you too, Mikey," Renet chuckled, patting his head.

"Where have you been? We've been stuck here for days!" Raph yelled.

"It's not my fault, seriously. I've spent, like, the last six months trying to hunt you guys down," Renet explained.

"Why? Why did we have to come here? Of all times? Of all places?" Leo wondered.

Renet got Mikey to let her go as she answered, "It was the scepter. It brought you here to make sure Splinter and Jamie survived."

"Wait. So it's always been this way? We were always destined to come here in time and save Splinter's life?" Donnie asked.

"And what about Jamie? Why wouldn't she survive?" Mikey wondered.

"She'll explain when I get you all back," Renet remarked.

Jamie nodded to let them know she would.

"Ugh, can you just take us home now? My head is starting to hurt," Raph groaned.

"No problem. Future New York, here we come," Renet said.

She opened another portal and when they stepped through, they landed on a New York City rooftop.

"Will we ever see you again, Renet?" Mikey asked.

"Let's hope not," Raph grumbled.

Mikey growled at him for that, since he definitely wanted to see her again.

"Maybe some day, Michelangelo," Renet answered then kissed his cheek.

Mikey went from anger to a dreamy haze immediately. Then another portal opened and she flew in it.

"Good-bye, Turtle Warriors. And Jamie Dabbs. See you in history!" Renet waved as the portal closed.

"Let's go home, guys. It'll be good to see Master Splinter," Mikey smiled.

And that's exactly what they did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Back home at last. Now are you ready to know more about Jamie's past?