Chapter 34: 16 Years in the Past

"This cannot be," Saki said.

Mikey groaned as he got up then noticed what was going on. He quickly threw a smoke bomb down and they all made their escape.

"Saki-san, what were they? And who was that girl?" one ninja asked.

"I do not know, but I will find out," Saki answered, determined.

Meanwhile, the turtles and Jamie (who were not in their medieval outfits anymore; Jamie was back in her normal clothes) made their way through the trees.

"Phew! Close call, dudes. Awesome save by Mikey, thank you very much," Mikey smirked.

"Oroku Saki was part of the Hamato Clan before he became the Shredder," Donnie replied.

"So we're at least 16 years in the past," Leo realized.

"But why here? Why now?" Mikey asked.

"Who knows? Twenty bucks it's all Renet's fault. She doesn't know the first thing about time travel," Raph remarked.

"Raph, if she didn't know the first thing about it, then how would she have known to send us to where Savanti was to defeat him?" Jamie pointed out.

"Yo, guys, check it. That's Splinter's old dojo, right?" Mikey asked.

They all looked to see a Japanese building, standing alone in the woods.

"Come on, ninjas, maybe Splinter's in there," Leo said.

Mikey, Donnie, and Leo started heading towards it, but when Raph looked at Jamie, he could see how nervous she was.

"Jamie, are you okay?" he wondered.

"Yeah, I'm just...scared. My parents have been dead for months and now..." she trailed off, looking at the ground.

Raph walked up to her and lifted her face to his. He kissed her then looked at her lovingly.

"I'm here for you. No matter what," Raph assured.

"Thanks. I love you, Raph," Jamie smiled.

"I love you, too. Now let's go," he returned.

They started for the dojo to see what was going on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Jamie is about to see her parents after who knows how long, even if it's in the past. Crazy!