Chapter 52: Talking Things Through

Jamie was in the kitchen, getting a slice of pizza when she noticed Raph beating the dummy more than usual. She sighed as she put her pizza on the counter and approached him.

"Babe, any harder and you'll break something," she pointed out, noticing his bruised knuckles.

Raph sighed and said, "I'm sorry. It's just that...this whole thing with Karai is stressful."

She gently took his hand and led him into the kitchen. She unwrapped the workout tape from his knuckles and put ice packs on both of his hands. She sat beside him and hugged his arm.

"I know it's stressful, but she's not a lost cause. She's family, not only from Splinter's point of view. She and I are like cousins since my father actually had his back," she replied.

"I know. I'm sorry for saying that; I was angry and when that happens, I say things I shouldn't. But you keep me at bay," he explained and kissed her forehead.

She smiled at him and kissed his lips. It was so sweet and gentle. They parted and let their foreheads rest on the other for a moment. Then Jamie checked his hands and they weren't as swollen, so she wrapped new workout tape around his knuckles.

"Now you take it easy over there, Tiger," she teased with a smirk.

He chuckled then responded, "No promises, Princess."

She kissed him and left for the kitchen and he just sighed as he stared after her. Jamie then noticed her pizza was gone. But she did see Mikey running off with it to his room, laughing.

"Mikey!" she yelled and ran after him.

"What a woman," Raph whispered dreamily then went back to beating the dummy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N At least Raph and Jamie fixed what happened. Let's see how the others are handling.