Chapter 37: Yoshi, Tang Shen, and Miwa

(A/N By the way, the pic above is me at 30 minutes old and what I look like during this time period. I know, I used to be adorable. Lol!)

Yoshi caressed Tang Shen's cheek as they stood on a bridge outside Tokyo.

"Mm. Beautiful night, isn't it?" Shen asked.

"It is nights like this that I realize how lucky I am to have you and little Miwa," Yoshi answered.

He held a flower above his baby daughter as she cooed and reached for it.

"Yoshi, let's leave this place. Move away from here. I've always wanted to visit America. New York City," Shen mentioned.

"Shen, I have many responsibilities. You know this. With father being ill, the dojo..." Yoshi tried to explain.

"The dojo. When are you going to leave that life behind? This is the last clan of its kind," she pointed out.

"And that is why it must endure. Must I explain this again?" he asked.

"Ninjas have no more place in this world. You must decide. This is no life for Miwa. If she ever followed your path..." Shen replied sadly, walking away.

"Shen! Let me walk you home," he insisted.

"I can take care of myself. I always have," Shen declined.

Yoshi sighed as his wife went towards their house. Meanwhile, Pōru approached him with his wife, Rōra, as she held their baby, Jeimī.

"Good evening, Yoshi," Pōru greeted.

"And to you as well, Pōru. Rōra. And little Jeimī," Yoshi responded.

Rōra bowed her head and Jeimī let out a giggle. Rōra looked around.

"Where is Tang Shen?" she wondered.

"She is walking home. She wants to move to New York, but with father being ill, I must take over the dojo. She does not understand this," Yoshi answered then sighed.

"Let me talk to her, Yoshi. Women understand these things better," Rōra said then walked after Tang Shen.

"Shall we meditate, brother?" Yoshi suggested.

"We shall, Yoshi," Pōru answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So Tang Shen wants to go to New York, but Yoshi feels they must stay in Japan. What to do. Maybe Rōra can do something.