Chapter 54: Mikey Leaving the Lair

Splinter was walking on this giant wheel with his eyes closed when he heard his oldest son's voice.

"Sensei, I just want you to know I'm not gonna give up on Karai, no matter what," Leo informed.

Splinter stopped and got off the wheel. He smiled as he approached his son and put his hand on Leo's shoulder.

"Could maybe the ancient scrolls work on her? The healing hands?" Leo wondered.

"Mm. It is possible. But I am not certain that even I have the ability," Splinter answered.

Meanwhile, Mikey and IceCreamKitty were playing a card game while Jamie was like the ref.

"All right, IceCreamKitty. I'll beat your Chippyshmoo with my Beebobim," Mikey said, laying down a card.

That's when IceCreamKitty put down a more powerful card.

"And IceCreamKitty takes the win!" Jamie announced.

"No fair! Where'd she get a Gallopup?" Mikey asked.

IceCreamKitty meowed mockingly as she gathered all the cards.

"Cheater, cheater, frozen yogurt eater! Give me that card!" Mikey yelled as he and IceCreamKitty started fighting.

"Hey! Guys, cut it out!" Jamie said, trying to stop it.

That's when Mikey's phone rang. He saw it was Donnie and answered it.

"D, what up, dude? Where you been?" Mikey asked casually.

"Hey, Mikey, meet me at Murakami's. He's made this special pizza gyoza that you got to try, dude. Now listen, you can't tell the others. He only has a sample for you and me," Donnie said.

"That kind of makes me feel bad. Okay, I'm over it. See you soon," Mikey replied and hung up the phone.

"What makes you feel bad?" Jamie wondered.

"Nothing," Mikey answered, fairly quickly.

"Mikey, Jamie, meeting in the dojo in--" Leo began to say.

"Can't. Got stuff to do, brah," Mikey interrupted and left the lair.

"Sometimes being leader is completely meaningless," Leo groaned.

"No it's not. But do you know what's strange? He was talking to Donnie about something he would feel bad about. But if Donnie was helping April, why would he call Mikey about something like that?" Jamie pointed out.

"I don't know. We'll talk about in the dojo," Leo informed.

They both looked at IceCreamKitty, who was trying to get the rest of Mikey's cards. She looked at them and hugged them close as she hissed at both of them. They quickly made it to the dojo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Where did Mikey go to?