Chapter 14: Getting To Know Each Other

A.N: Okay so I accidentally put November 11 at the beginning of last chapter but it was supposed to be October. Just letting you guys know in case you get confused.

*2 Days Later*

Drake was still in San Jose, California, after smackdown he decided he'd stay a few extra days to visit the city, he's done a few things since he's been in town, though he did call his dad and told him he'd be in Houston at some point in the next few days.

He is now seen jogging in the park with a water bottle and headphones in his ears, he is currently listening to "Pawn and Kings" by Alter Bridge.

After a few minutes of jogging he comes to a stop as he breathes out and takes off his headphones as he stuffs them in his pocket, he takes a sip of his water bottle as he takes another breathe.

He hears a noise coming from around him so he looks around, he walks forward as he looks down at the ground.

Drake: Hey buddy.

He bends down to a bird and it looked like it's wing was hurt, Drake puts his hands out as the bird tries to move but it just squeaks in pain.

Drake: It's alright, Buddy. I got you.

Drake picks the bird up as he stands up and holds it close as pets it softly.

Drake: Don't worry bud. I'm gonna get you all fixed up.

???: Wow.

Drake hears a voice as he turns around and sees Lexi standing there in jogging clothes.

Drake: Hey. Now you're definitely following me.

Lexi laughs as she walks towards him.

Lexi: Oh trust me you'd know if I was following you.

Drake: So you're not?

Lexi: Would that be a bad thing?

Drake laughs as Lexi steps closer to him as she pets the bird softly.

Lexi: He looks hurt.

Drake: Yeah I'm gonna take him back to the hotel and get him fixed up.

Lexi: I didn't know you were the compassionate type.

Drake laughs.

Drake: There's a lot you don't know about me, Lexi.

Lexi: I hope to change that.

Drake: Well I should get going. Do you wanna come with me?

Lexi: *Smiles* I'd love too.

Drake: Great. Let's go.

*At The Hotel*

Drake and Lexi were now at the hotel as they walk into Drakes hotel room as Lexi closes the door, Drake goes over to the bed as he sets the bird down.

Drake: Luckily I have a first aid kit in my suitcase.

Lexi: You just seem to be prepared for anything.

Drake: I like to be.

Drake grabs his suitcase as he opens it up and takes out the first aid kit, he closes the suitcase as he goes back over to the bed and sits down, Lexi sits down on the bed as Drake picks the bird up.

Drake: Alright buddy let's fix you up.

After a little while, Drake had the wind of the bird wrapped up and he places the bird in a basket that Lexi had gotten as he fixed his wing.

Drake: There you go. *Pets bird* I'll take him to the vet and hopefully they can take care of him until he's all healed up.

Lexi: That's sweet of you.