Chapter 64: Not The End, But The Beginning

*Backstage*

We see Drake come to the back following his match as tears were going down his eyes as we hear clapping and cheering from everyone in the back.

Many superstars and woman come over to congratulate Drake for his victory, Drake just cries as he hugs them.

Vince McMahon then comes over to him.

Vince: You okay?

Drake: *Crying* Yeah. Yeah, I'm good.

Vince: That was your moment.

Drake: Thank you, Vince. You didn't have to do this and yet you did and I'll forever be grateful to you.

Vince: Not as grateful as I am to you.

Vince hugs Drake as Drake breaks down into even more tears as Vince gives him some words of encouragement.

Soon, they pull away as Lexi comes over to him.

Lexi: Babe you did it!

Drake grabs Lexi and spins her around with a hug and then a kiss.

Lexi: How does it feel?

Drake: It feels like a dream to be honest. It feels like I'm gonna wake up.

Lexi: It's reality baby.

Lexi gives Drake a kiss as Drake looks and sees Mark coming towards him.

Drake: Dad.

Drake goes over and puts Mark's arm on his shoulder.

Drake: You're crazy, you know that?

Mark laughs as Drake helps him over to the chair to sit down.

Drake: I haven't seen you do a suicide dive in years. Why would you risk your life like that?

Mark: Lexi, can I have a moment with my son?

Lexi: Of course.

Lexi walks away as Mark grabs the chair next to him and pulls it towards him.

Mark: Sit down.

Drake sits down.

Mark: I love you, you know that?

Drake: Dad-

Mark: Drake, shut up.

Drake: Sorry.

Mark: I love you so much. You're my son. And I know growing up I wasn't always there for you.

Drake: You were working I understand.

Mark: And that....that will forever bring me peace to know that you didn't hate me while I was working.

Drake: I could never hate you dad.

Mark: This.... Professional Wrestling. I'll be honest. It's not what I had in mind for you.

Drake: What? You wanted me to be a doctor, a lawyer?

Mark: No, no. I wanted you to do what your heart desired but professional Wrestling, it's not as easy as it looks. People act like this is fake, that just because it's scripted it means that you can't get hurt. But that couldn't be farther from the truth. Every wrestler who steps foot inside that ring, they know that there may come a time where they don't come out of it.

Mark grabs Drake's hands.

Mark: And that isn't what I wanted for you. And it's not because I didn't think you could do it. It's the exact opposite. I knew you could it and that's what scared me. That you'd do it and you'd get hurt because I didn't want you to get hurt.