Chapter 31: Getting Daikon

*Time Skip*

Drake is seen driving in a car, he is now in Toronto after telling Betty he'd find Daikon, he still couldn't believe that Diana was hit by a car, it was still sinking in that something like that could happen.

Betty did call and tell him that Diana needed surgery, this worried him even more and all he could was hope that she'd pull through, that's all he could now and get Daikon of course.

He arrives at the hotel as he doesn't even bother turning the car off as he runs out and goes inside as he runs to the elevator.

The elevator has a sign that says "out of order" and he slams his fist on it.

Drake: Damn it!

He looks around as he runs his hand through his hair and then runs over to the stairwell door as he runs through it and then runs up the stairs.

He takes out his phone as he dials Daikon's number again but he doesn't get an answer.

He continues up the stairs until making it to the floor of Daikon's room.

He runs down the hallway as he finally makes it to his room as he catches his breath as he knocks on the door.

He catches his breath as the door opens revealing Rebecca wearing just Daikon's t-shirt.

Rebecca: Oh uh, I- uh, hi, Drake.

Drake: Rebe- Rebecca. I would've called you if I knew you were with Daikon.

Rebecca: We uh- we just uh, well-

Drake: Where is he?

Rebecca: Just getting out of the shower. Come on In.

Drake heads inside the room as Rebecca closes the door and follows in behind him.

Daikon comes out of the bathroom in his boxers as he is drying his hair with a towel, he then sees Drake.

Daikon: Drake. Uh- what are you doing back here?

Drake goes to speak but doesn't exactly know what to say, he runs his hand through his hair again.

Drake: Why didn't you answer your phone?

Daikon goes over to the bed as he pulls out some clothes.

Daikon: It's in the car. Rebecca and I were hanging out. Forgot to grab it.

Drake: Uh....This uh- Daikon get dressed.

Daikon: Um....okay. Why? Why did you come back here? Not that I'm not happy to see you.

Drake: Just get dressed.

Drake does into the bathroom as he closes the door as he goes over to the sink as he turns the water on and rubs water on his face as he looks up at the mirror as tears start falling down his eyes.

Daikon: Hey, so are you gonna tell me what's going on?

Drake sniffs as he turns the water on, as he goes over to the door and opens it up.

Rebecca: Drake, are you crying?

Rebecca goes over to Drake as Daikon turns to him.

Drake: No, no. Uh...

Daikon: Man, just tell me. What's up?

Drake: It's...Diana, man.

Daikon: What?

Drake slowly walks towards Daikon.

Drake: We've all been trying to get ahold of you.

Daikon: Why? Wha- what happened to Diana?