Through Her Eyes

"Get away from him!" Eri cries out, still struggling against the feathers. The only thing she could do was watch, helpless, as Hawks closed in on Twice.

"Why, why did I have to trust you?" Twice teared up, "even if you were a hero, I wanted to trust you. I thought you were a good person!"

"I'm a hero; the entire country trusts me to keep them safe-"

"Bullshit!" Twice jerked his body as a feather flew past, tearing his mask. "Deku, Dabi, Shigaraki, Toga, Eri. Where were the heroes when our lives were being torn apart!"

"I don't want to fight you, so please stay down," Hawks pleaded.

"Good for freakin you! I'd trade my soul for the League's happiness!" Twice declared.

"Twice! don't you'll get hurt. I-I can't help from here. I can't rewind if you get hurt!" Eri cried out.

"Being with the League was the only good thing in my life. I won't let my mistakes be their destruction! Sad Man's Parade!" Twice activated his quirk as multiple clones started to spawn from him. Instantly creating two, with each two creating two more, and in the blink of an eye, there were already twenty clones.

However, those clones were quickly ripped apart by Hawks' feathers. "Villains use sentiment all the time to try and escape. I could never let it trip me up, but there is still hope for a future if you come quietly."

"Please, no more, stop trying to hurt him, you cruel bastard!" Eri's tears fell onto the floor as she kept trying to activate her quirk but with nothing to use it on.

"I don't want to hurt him. I wish he would just come quietly," Hawks lamented.

"The League are my only friends, and you aren't one of them!" Twice recreated every member in the League, unconsciously creating Eri as well, as his thoughts were on everyone he saw as a friend.

Eri's heart was filled with joy seeing herself created among Twice's friends. However, that feeling was replaced with sheer terror as Hawks' feathers ripped through the clones, turning them into a mess on the floor. Seeing this brought back traumatic memories of Overhaul.

"I guess you really are a twisted person," Hawks continued to destroy Twice's clones. "Your clones will never reach me. Strength and intelligence matter little if they can't be used, that's why I prioritize speed since it's the villains who don't give up that heroes should fear the most."

"Shut up!" Twice rushes forward but is slashed by Hawk's feathers and forced to the ground with a feather pointed right between Twice's eyes.

"If neither side gives up, someone will have to die," Hawks states coldly. He hoped to take in Twice quietly and not traumatize Eri further, but that was no longer an option.

"No one would have to die if your society accepted us in the first place! A single mistake that wasn't my fault, and I was thrown out like a piece of trash. The League, however, I made a mistake that cost someone their arm, and they forgave me, still considering me their friend." Twice creates another clone between himself and Hawks' feather, "Even if they never forgive me after this, I'll still do everything I can to help them!"

"Twice!" Eri cried out as flames filled the room, scorching Hawks and Twice.

Dabi emerges from the flames, stepping on Hawks' head, "how do you like being interrupted at the last second, you piece of shit." Dabi shoots a bit of flame at the feathers holding Eri, leaving scorch marks on her clothes.

Dabi shoots flames from beneath his feet to incinerate Hawks, but the hero pushes himself free with his feathers, dragging himself away but not unscathed.

"Just to hit me, your willing to burn your friend? I don't know what he sees in you villains," Hawks spat out.

Dabi grinned, "despite being a huge brat, she's still one of us despite her size."

"Huh?" Hawks' brief confusion was interrupted by a small figure leaping through the flames.

"Rewind!" Eri shouted out, rushing towards Hawks and Twice.

Hawks knew enough of that quirk and moved away from Twice. It could've healed him if he stayed nearby, but more than likely, she would've rewound his existence.

"Twice, don't worry about what happened. With your quirk, we can crush all the heroes, and it will be a great victory thanks to you," Dabi reassured him as Twice quickly nodded.

"Thanks," Twice picks up Eri and starts running towards the exit as Dabi shoots more flames at the hero.

"In front!?" Eri gasps out as Hawks appears at the exit.

"Outta my way!" Twice shouts as he summons more clones to defend himself, but Hawks easily disposes of them.

"Duck!" Dabi yells and shoots flames at Twice, "You won't get away, Keigo Takami!"

"Twice clutches Eri and ducks down as the flames pass overhead as Hawks is forced back again.

Twice rushes to the edge of the building and looks below. The Paranormal Liberation Front is in a losing battle with the heroes, with the League members also struggling.

"I can save them. I can do this," Twice says to himself, as he starts making clones.

Hawks takes the full brunt of Dabi's flames just to strike Twice. If the hero lets Twice use his Sad Man's Parade, the villains will turn the battle into their victory.

With Twice looking down at the fighting below, he doesn't notice Hawks rush through the flames. Luckily Eri was looking over his shoulder and saw the incoming hero. She activates her quirk, ready to rewind any damage the hero planned to cause.

However, the hero's desperation caused him to take more drastic measures to stop Twice. Instead of slashing at the villain, Hawks rams into Twice at full speed, slamming him against the railing and knocking the wind out of him. Twice's mind was so focused on the battle and making clones that he lost his grip on Eri. Causing the girl to slip from his grasp and descend to the ground below.

"Eri!" Twice screams out, not wanting anything worse to happen because of him, he desperately creates another clone to jump down to catch her, with the hope that the clone will make more and create a cushion for her.

Eri's life feels like it's in slow motion as her body descends to the ground, her eyes looking up at twice and seeing the man desperately trying to save him. Her eyes were filled with fear, but not for her own safety. Hawks was still behind Twice and raised his feathered blade, piercing the villain's chest.

Even so, the clone still tried to reach for Eri. The clone was already starting to fade with droplets coming from it. Tears filled her eyes as she reached up to the clone. Maybe she could do something if she somehow got back to the platform, maybe she could save Twice no matter how small of a chance it was, but maybe is all it would ever be.

A few of Hawks' last feathers grabbed Eri and started to pull her away from the battle and towards the heroes. She could only watch as the clone fell to the ground, as the people who cared for her fought desperately against the heroes, as Dabi fights against Hawks, and as Twice's corpse got smaller as she's pulled away.