Unforeseen

Deku awoke after getting struck by Lemillion's attack. Darkness surrounded him but an invisible floor that rippled like water kept him from falling into the abyss. Footsteps could be heard walking towards him.

A figure could soon be seen in the darkness, it looked familiar but damaged. It was missing an arm and had several holes. Cracks covered it from head to toe as small pieces fell off with every step.

When it got close enough Deku saw himself, but it didn't look exactly like him. It was wearing a black uniform, the same one he wore back in junior high.

"Hello, do you remember me?" The figure asked.

Deku ignored the question, he had no interest in his past pathetic self.

"Do you hate me that much?" The figure's voice was full of pain as if he was struggling with each word.

"Why wouldn't I? I was bullied, ignored, and alone. I was too weak to even keep my dreams."

"But look at yourself, what dreams can be accomplished from doing this? The way you treat me is like Baku-"

A strange crunching sound could be heard as a knife pierced through the figure.

"That's enough out of you," A voice spoke.

As the figure of Midoriya fell and shattered on the ground another figure was standing behind him that looked identical to Deku.

"He has something he never could have gotten before," The figure spoke and smiled.

Before Deku could speak the glass began to fall from the figure like a liquid, revealing Toga's image. She jumped into Deku's arms and smiles wider.

"No matter where you go I'm there for you; my love can reach even the darkest parts of your mind. Just keep being yourself and I'll be there every step of the way."

Before Deku could process what happened he felt his entire body jerk as everything vanished. As awakened he felt his body being held in the air before being dropped on the ground.

His eyes open seeing the heroes and Bakugo in front of him. Behind him was Overhaul who wasn't happy with these turn of events.

Eri was near Lemillion with tears down her face. Her hands clenching her head, another person dying because of her.

"Quit crying!" Bakugo shouts. "Heroes don't lose, as long as we're still here he hasn't lost yet!" 

"B-but he's" Eri stammers.

"He's dying because of you," Overhaul continues.

"Shut it bird-man, I'm going to break that beak of yours before I kill you, and you as well Midoriya!" Bakugo growled his eyes moved between Deku and Overhaul.

"Hmph, so many infected by the hero disease, Kurono!" Overhaul raised his hand while shouting his subordinate's name.

Deku quickly realized Kurono was gone, originally he was knocked out by Lemillion. Around the time the other heroes barged in Kurono had snuck behind some rubble created by Overhaul. Once he heard Overhaul's shout his hair extended striking at Erasure Head, Aizawa tried to dodge but got grazed cause his body to slow down.

With Aizawa unable to interfere Overhaul touched the ground again causing more spikes to appear all over. Bakugo launches himself in the air as Nighteye dodges from the ground. The other heroes aren't able to dodge them all and receive injuries incapacitating them. Overhaul used his quirk to also allow Kurono to get Aizawa to another room away from the fight. 

Deku sees Bakugo launch himself in the air as he pulls out the gun and fires at Bakugo. Quickly shifting his trajectory with his quirk to avoid the bullet Bakugo's eyes stare at the emotionless boy holding the gun. A small part of Bakugo wanted to believe Midoriya couldn't do such a thing, that part died when Deku fired. A small stamp struck Deku's hand knocking the gun onto the ground. Deku looks over and sees Nighteye, his gaze focused on the person who mortally wounded Lemillion. 

Deku quickly backs up hiding behind some rubble, he practiced Toga's fighting style a bit as he calmed his mind and tried to erase is presence. Bakugo lost sight of Deku so he shifted his attacks to Overhaul.

"Die!" Bakugo throws his grenades down which causes minor explosions injuring Overhaul and allowing Bakugo to pull the pin on his second gauntlet. A huge explosion is fired down at Overhaul but when the smoke clears Overhaul is standing there good as new.

"W-what?" Bakugo couldn't believe that everything he did had no effect.

"You've just pissed me off. I'm a clean freak and for getting dirt on me I'll make you suffer!"

"How did my attacks not affect you?" 

"I can Overhaul anything even myself. No matter what you do I'll be good as new, you can't win."

Deku had circled around to Eri who wasn't hurt by Overhaul's attacks, but Nighteye was there waiting for Deku. Nighteye could easily spot Deku, his skill wasn't good enough to avoid Nighteye.

"I figured you would come for her," Nighteye said standing between Deku and Eri.

"P-please stop, if you fight you will end up dying as well. I can't keep having people die because of me, please run away." Eri pleaded.

"A hero doesn't run and I can't let him get away for what he did to Lemillion." Nighteye looked up and down at Deku briefly "from the information I gathered you were a huge All Might fan, the fact you could do all this disgusts me."

"Sometimes it's best to never meet your hero. As for you all I know is you're a support hero and worked with All Might a bit." Deku replied

"I was his sidekick for a time, and I will stop you for his sake as well."

Deku couldn't help chuckle "knowing you're his sidekick makes it easier. You both have something in common, letting people down." 

Nighteye fired a few stamps at Deku who activated his quirk and dodged them. Deku closed in and attacked but Nighteye easily dodged and tried to grab onto Deku who quickly pulled away. 

"It seems Lemillion learned his fighting style from you, didn't help him and won't help you."

Nighteye ignored Deku's comment and tries predicting Deku's actions. The way Deku dodged seemed to indicate he knew about Nighteye's quirk. Nighteye tried attacking again but Deku ducked and tried to punch Nighteye's stomach. Nighteye moved to the side trying to grab Deku's arm again but Deku quickly pulled back when he noticed Nighteye dodge.

"Who told you about my quirk?" Nighteye asked a bit surprised.

"You wouldn't believe me but it was Lemillion, there are many ways to get someone to talk."

As Nighteye and Deku fight Bakugo was buzzing around Overhaul attacking from different directions. Overhaul was always a bit slow on the counter allowing Bakugo to damage Overhaul. Whenever Overhaul received damage he would just use his quirk and fix himself up good as new while Bakugo was becoming exhausted. 

"This is endless, just die!" Bakugo cursed.

Overhaul's finger knicked Bakugo's gauntlet, Bakugo disengages it the moment he noticed the finger about to make contact. The Gauntlet explodes causing Bakugo to put some distance.

"Your getting slower, a second later and that would've been your entire arm, but putting distance between us is a big mistake!" Overhaul touches the ground again as the spikes rearrange disappearing and reappearing in other locations.

Nighteye tries to dodge the spikes as Deku charges forward to grab Eri, Nighteye circles around Deku grabbing his arm and twisting it.

"There is no escape for you villain, now let's see your futu- Ugh."

Deku feels his arm being grabbed and pushes back into Nighteye, quickly twisting his arm further as a small snap is heard Nighteye's eyes meet Deku's at the same time a knife is stabbed through his wrist and into Nighteye's chest.

Eri looked away her fears coming true as Nighteye collapsed still gripping Deku's now broken arm. Deku fell on top of him but pulled the knife out and while looking into Nighteye's eyes stabbed him in the neck. Wretching his arm free Deku finally reached Eri.