A Mother's Feelings

"Continuing our top story, the police chief gave a public apology for the escape of the villain Deku. His escape was likely caused by the League of Villains, the chief claims to have underestimated the importance of Deku to the League. The Villain Overhaul was also missing and the police can only assume the reasons for the League to capture him. Stay tuned for more updates." The Tv goes off as a remote is thrown bouncing off the bed and onto the ground.

"Dammit!" Bakugo was sitting up in a hospital bed, his arm was healed thanks to Recovery Girl as he waited for the hospital to release him.

"Katsuki don't throw things!" Bakugo's mother Mitsuki was at the door.

"Why are you here?" Bakugo said in shock.

"Is that any way to greet your mother! I heard you were in the hospital but it can't be that bad if you have the energy to shout," Mitsuki's hand smacked the back of her son's head.

"That hurt!"

"Keep up the attitude and I'll give you a lot more!" She shouted again before sighing and sitting down on a chair. "What am I going to do with you? You got captured by villains before and now you're in a hospital. I know being a hero is dangerous but could you quit being reckless."

"I'm sorry," Bakugo said turning his head away from his mother.

"A student from the same school, on that same operation was killed by a villain. I couldn't bear the thought of it happening to you, so please be careful," tears rolled down her face as she clenched her hands into a fist.

The news didn't hide that Deku was responsible for those deaths. Mitsuki still had a hard time believing the young green-haired boy who always hung around Bakugo could do something so horrible. It was after Bakugo's kidnapping that she learned he'd been bullying Midoriya, and Midoriya was the one who kidnapped Bakugo.

"How's his mom handling the news?" Bakugo asked trying to change the subject.

Mitsuki wiped her tears before shaking her head. "I tried to visit Inko but she wasn't at the hospital."

"Was she released?" Bakugo asked curiously.

"No, she's been admitted into a psychiatric ward. News that big about Midoriya couldn't be hidden and when Inko found out she had a stroke. She's always been stressed whenever Midoriya was sad or hurt, sometimes crying over the simplest things."

Mitsuki took a moment to collect herself which left Bakugo a bit anxious.

"After she recovered the doctors noticed she had amnesia. Her thoughts and memories seem scattered, at best she can remember back when Izuku was in junior high." Mitsuki took another pause looking at her son "However she's been having moments where she doesn't remember Izuku at all. After the doctors looked at a ct scan they believe it will only get worse."

"Is there anything we can do?" He asked coming to terms with that information.

"I don't know, you can try visiting her when you get time. The doctor gave me the address to the psychiatric ward, I'll text it to you." Mitsuki said.

A knock came at the door followed by All Might poking his head through "hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"You make it weird when you do stuff like this," Aizawa said opening the door fully as he walks in.

"It's alright I have to get going anyway," Mitsuki starts heading out but stops in front of Aizawa and whispers "please continue to look after him,"

"We'll continue to do everything we can," Aizawa responds as Mitsuki walks out.

Bakugo looked at the two heroes as they each took a seat, "Young Bakugo, we need to talk to you about the raid at the Yakuza hideout," All Might said trying to remain composed.

"What about it? I've already told everything that happened," Bakugo replied.

"It involves Togata and the strength you got after eating his hair," as All Might spoke he had a downcast gaze and his voice lacked its usual energy; Bakugo had never seen his hero look so depressed and defeated. "My quirk, One for All, is a quirk that gets stronger as it passes to each successor. It was the quirk I gave Togata when I started teaching at UA, the quirk that he gave to you before his passing."

Learning that All Might's quirk could be passed on created many questions he couldn't ask. If All Might gave Midoriya his quirk that day would the deaths of All Might's sidekick and successor still have happened? Would Inko be in the hospital if Midoriya became a hero? Bakugo's thoughts began to shift to the current Deku and the sickening smile the villain would have if he learned the emotional damage he caused to All Might by killing Togata and Nighteye.

"When you get back to school I'm going to teach you how to use One for All, please keep it a secret from everyone else," All Might said.

"You will be released later today so just make your way back to the dorms, there's a lot of things we have to do at the school so we'll be leaving," Aizawa stated.

"Before heading back I would like to stop by a different hospital and meet someone, they're important to my family," Bakugo said.

"I'm sure it's fine, just be back in your dorms by sundown," Aizawa replied. Both All Might and Aizawa got up and left leaving Bakugo alone in the room.

Bakugo was released from the hospital not long after as he took the subway to the psychiatric ward, he went to the front desk and asked what room Inko Midoriya was in. After being given the room number he walked through the halls and opened a door he thought was the right one. As he stepped through the person he met wasn't Midoriya's mother but a white-haired woman.

"I'm sorry wrong room," Bakugo quickly glanced at the door to see the name of the person he should apologize to "Rei Todoroki, are you Shoto's mother?" Bakugo asked in disbelief.

Rei had empty lifeless eyes that barely glanced in Bakugo's direction since it didn't matter who Bakugo was or even what he was doing, however, the name Shoto brought a little life to her. "You know my son?"

"Y-yea he's a classmate, we aren't exactly friends but I know Half and Half well enough, we're even in the same dorm."

"He's in a dorm now? I hope he's well." Rei sighed turning her gaze towards the ground.

"If he didn't tell you that I wonder what else he hasn't told you,"

"He's never visited and I understand why," she slowly brought her finger below her eye "I'm the one who gave him his scar, he probably hasn't forgiven me for it."

Bakugo stood there shocked but not by what Rei said but by himself. In the past, he was so focused on himself that he didn't notice anyone else's feelings and here he was making the same mistake. He's been so focused on Deku he never realized the pain others were in.

"I understand if you think I'm a horrible mother," Rei said after Bakugo went silent.

"No, it's not that. I don't know your private family life but it seems you never meant to do such a thing, and I'm sure Todoroki knows that. If he doesn't I'll mention it next time I see him."

"Y-you would really do that?" Rei said as she was trying to choke back some tears.

"Don't cry about it," Bakugo said nervously "Someone else's mother was sent here and I don't know if he'll ever visit. So I don't need other people leaving their mothers here alone."

Rei let out a very soft chuckle "You shouldn't be ashamed of doing an act of kindness, at times like these even small acts can bring someone a little happiness."

Bakugo scratched the back of his head as his eyes drifted off. "I'm sorry but I still have someone else to visit before heading back to the dorms."

"I understand, I'm glad to have met you umm,"

"Katsuki Bakugo,"

"Take care Bakguo, I'm grateful for the expected visit," Rei said as Bakugo left the room.

Moving a few doors down Bakugo stood in front of Inko's room checking the name to make sure it was her. He took a deep breath as he grabbed the handle, opened the door, and stepped inside.