Distrust

Deku was sitting down in one of the back rooms watching the Hero Billboard Charts as Eri sat beside him snacking on some sweets she found during the celebration. The video was mostly heroes saying how they're grateful for their rank and how they will continue to fight against the villains.

"Ah, that's the guy from earlier," Eri said when Hawks began talking. "He seems different than the other heroes in the video."

Hawks began talking about approval ratings and how heroes need to be less passive with the symbol gone. Deku paused the video which made Eri look up at Deku with a confused expression.

"Ah sorry, I just need to process what he said," Deku explained.

"Doesn't he want heroes to be better?" Eri said, taking what Hawks said at face value.

Deku hit the play button and let the video finish with Endeavor, the number one hero, announcing for everyone to watch him. When the video ended Deku pulled up some videos of people filming Hawks's heroics. Hawks would fly overhead using his feathers to help people and take down villains.

"What does someone like this gain by becoming a villain," Deku said out loud.

"Oh, Deku here you are," Toga said popping her head around a corner.

"What's up?" Deku asked as he glanced over to Toga.

"Shigaraki is gathering everyone for something important," Toga said as he clamped herself around Deku's arm dragging him out of the room. Eri followed right behind.

Deku was led inside a room with a large table and every lieutenant sitting down with Shigaraki at the head of the table. Deku took a seat opposite to Re-Destro as Eri stayed outside.

"For the next four months, I'll be with the doctor. Once I'm back we will begin our assault on the heroes. Re-Destro will take care of the Liberation as he's done so before and Deku will assist in the restructuring of the new Liberation army," Shigaraki stated.

"I don't need his assistance," Skeptic stated.

"When it comes to quirks he's the most knowledgeable person there is, besides the doctor," Shigaraki stated.

"I'll need every member's quirk and the person working with currently," Deku said.

Skeptic was about to speak but Dabi quickly interrupted, "don't say anything, if you question this guy on quirks he can rant for hours. Give him the information he wants, give him a room, and for your own safety don't enter it." Deku glared over at Dabi as a few people chuckled.

"I'll bring it to you after the meeting," Skeptic agreed having given up arguing.

"I want to talk about Hawks since he has no reason to join us. Shigaraki's goal is destroying everything, something that conflicts with Hawks's nature. I want to know why we haven't removed him?" Deku asked.

"I don't trust him for a moment, but if the number two hero wants to help then we should use his popularity to our advantage," Dabi stated.

"We will have him monitored so you won't have anything to worry about," Trumpet said.

"Then I want a contingency plan for the assumption all our secrets get leaked," Deku demanded.

"It would take every hero to stop us, I'm sure our undercover heroes would notice something," Re-Destro said.

"I hope you're right," Deku relented. If Hawks was a traitor then he already met most of the undercover heroes. It was pointless to continue this topic with the Liberation members.

After the meeting, Deku pulled Mr. Compress and Twice to side. "I'm gonna be busy with the restructuring, could you guys keep Eri entertained for me?"

"I would love to - I don't wanna deal with a damned spoiled brat!" Twice stated.

"Sure," Mr. Compress agreed.

"Thanks," Deku nodded before commandeering an empty room.

Skeptic gathered all the information Deke requested and handed it over to him. Deku started to organize and memorize all the quirks. Everything was formed into three groups under each lieutenant and broken down into smaller groups. He made sure to emphasize working in small teams and never solo. The League defeated the Liberation Army with only a few members so the Heroes would destroy the Paranormal Liberation Front in a frontal assault.

"Even when working together certain quirks are simply more powerful than others, All Might wouldn't be the legend he is if teamwork could overcome such power," Deku pondered.

He spent weeks on grouping and coordinating all the quirks of the Liberation members. He got very little sleep as he was absorbed by his hobby of understanding quirks.

The door would open at the end of the second week as Toga walked in, he would see the bags under Deku's eyes as he was mumbling to himself.

"Deku, you alright?" Toga asked.

"Losses are inevitable in a war against heroes, but we're dealing with a country that has trained people since high school to become heroes. With Twice and the Nomu, we have the numerical advantage but I feel like I'm forgetting something," Deku mumbled.

Deku suddenly flinched as he felt a bite on his neck causing him to quickly look behind him and see Toga. "You surprised me," Deku said before his eyes grew wide suddenly remembering.

"It's rare I'm able to surprise you," Toga giggled as she sucked on the blood caused by her bite. She didn't bother activating her quirk with what little blood she could get.

"Do you remember back in Kamino, how the heroes surprised us and nearly captured us?"

Toga's mouth left Deku's neck as she thought about it, "yea, it was the same day I became you," She smiled.

"We had the police and top heroes outside our hideout without us even knowing."

Toga suddenly realized Deku's point "It wouldn't be too difficult for them to ambush this place like in Kamino."

"I've been so focused on what to do during a frontal assault I completely overlooked that possibility," Deku said.

Toga wrapped her arms around Deku's neck and giggled, "Well ambush them with your own ambush. Using other's schemes against them is what you're best at."

"You know me too well," Deku smiled and leaned back as he rested against Toga, "I feel exhausted."

"You've been at this for two weeks, with the bags under your eyes I bet you haven't slept much."

"It felt like it's been only a few days," Deku's eyes slowly closed as he slumped against Toga.

Toga smirked as her finger trailed along Deku's neck, "You've become really trusting of me recently."

"I'm not asleep yet so don't try anything," Deku said with his eyes closed.

Toga hugged Deku closer and giggled more, "It's more fun when you're awake anyway."