Loss

Underground, the heroes cleared the destroyed stairwell hoping to stop whatever Deku had planned. The villain glances at the heroes and then to the roof before sighing in disappointment.

"None of my plans want to go right today," Deku lamented.

"Despite that, you still seem pretty confident," Fat Gum pointed out, weary of what else Deku could be planning.

"I guess I'll continue my plan anyway," Deku says to himself, ignoring the hero.

The villain touches the ground causing the whole room to start shaking, heroes having been briefed on Deku's Overhaul quirk, prepared for spikes or other things to come from the walls or floor.

"No, from above!" One of the heroes yells as chunks of the roof start breaking apart and falling on the heroes below.

Up above, Toga and Compress were captured by a hero with eel-like arms, "No point in struggling, each hero was made well aware of your abilities and the best way to neutralize them. Even that strange ability to erase your presence," The hero stated to Toga.

Before the hero could take them back, someone attacked the hero from behind, shoving a knife through the back of his head. The person who killed the hero was Twice's clone, which survived the fall.

"Twice, you're okay," Toga happily shouted.

"That's great. We could use some more clones and find Eri," Compress stated.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's my fault again," Twice repeated.

"What are you talking about?" Compress asked.

"Hawks pulled one over on me, captured Eri, and this clone...is the last I can make. It's taking everything to keep myself together," Twice explained, as the clone was slowly coming apart.

Compress lowers his hat over part of the mask as Toga stands there, letting Twice's statement sink in.

"I'm truly sorry for all the trouble I caused, but you guys were the best thing that ever happened to me," Twice states as the mask melts off, showing the villain smiling.

Toga rushes forward and hugs Twice, "you have nothing to apologize for: Deku, Compress, Shigaraki, Eri, Myself, Everyone, we all loved having you with us. We might not have gotten this far without you," Toga Yells to Twice.

"No matter what he says or thinks, how could anyone with such caring friends be unlucky? I hope you die Hawks, then we'll see who was truly unlucky," Twice says to himself as the clone melts away.

Not long after Twice's death, the ground starts to shake and break apart,

"This must be from Deku. Toga, we have to move or else.." Compress spoke but realized Toga had vanished somewhere.

Compress quickly moves higher up to avoid the collapsing ground as heroes and Liberation members get caught up in it. Once everything stopped collapsing, part of the ground would split apart as Deku climbed up the opening, brushing off some dust.

"Deku!" Compress shouts, happy to see a friendly face.

"Compress, glad to see you're alright. Did any of the League get caught up in that?" Deku asked, not seeing any of the League members nearby.

"About that," Compress quickly catches Deku up about Twice's death, Eri's capture, and Toga's sudden disappearance.

Deku grits his teeth upon hearing about Twice's death; if he wasn't underground, he could've used Overhaul to save him. If only they kept a better eye on Hawks. The only thing Deku could do was think up the multiple ways they could've saved, Twice.