Quirk Secrets

Deku falls onto the ground coughing up the strange black liquid from the warp quirk. The room he was in was huge, with shelves filled with vials along the walls. Approaching some of the vials allowed Deku to realize that these were all quirks and quickly became invested in researching them. After reading a few vials he stopped as a realization dawned on him, the disparity between the Nomus and the pro heroes.

"It seems you already understand," Ujiko's voice ran through the room.

"The quirks here are old or useless for fighting pro heroes."

"Correct, the quirks you see are used in combination with others to try and create something superior. It's the only way to combat the quirk singularity."

"I've only heard of it briefly on the net, I've never paid any attention to it," Deku said as he exited the room and continued onward.

"Not surprising, I was ostracized from society since no one believed my theory," Ujiko stated angrily.

Deku came upon a room filled Nomu in tubes. "Someone capable of creating the Nomus must have had proof for the singularity theory."

"I didn't have enough proof at the time, or it would've been more than a theory. Now the proof is integrated into a person's daily life, and no one sees it!"

As Deku walked through the room, he noticed multiple tubes with white Nomus. "I wonder if these are the high-ends Dabi talked about, but why show me all this?"

"Step into the next room, and I'll answer your questions," an automatic door opened at the end of the room.

As Deku steps into the next room, he notices another tube with Shigaraki inside. Ujiko was sitting on a chair at the end of the room. "Why show me a tour of your lab instead of bringing me straight here?"

"So you could truly understand the value of quirks. With all those quirks, I've created the Nomus and altered their bodies to wield multiple quirks. I've even created a Nomu with a complete personality and it's own unique quirk, you know him as Kurogiri."

Deku was a bit shocked by the truth of Kurogiri, but considering Ujiko's accomplishments it wasn't too surprising. "The other thing you mentioned, Quirk Singularity, could you explain that?"

"The name is self-explanatory, but it means quirks will develop to a point where no one will be able to control them anymore. You've already seen it within the members of the League. Himiko Toga and Dabi are two prime examples of Quirk Singularity. Dabi is an example of quirks being too strong for the body, burning himself upon use. Children and heroes already have this problem, where using their quirk too much creates side effects."

Deku recalls many heroes pushing themselves to defeat villains and damaging themselves as a result. "What about Toga?"

"Toga is an extreme case of a quirk overtaking someone's mind. Have you noticed how most people's personalities are directly related to their quirks, like their hobbies or favorite food? The difference between your generation and two generations ago is staggering, how bad could it get in another two generations?"

"Are mutations a cause of Quirk Singularity?" Deku asks, thinking back to Eri.

"I believe so, mutations are supposed to be extremely rare and the user has little control over their quirk when they awaken to it. Yet you've encountered Shigaraki and in less than a year found Eri, you've seen two quirk mutations in such a short time."

"And what about Shigaraki?"

"Using my theory of Quirk Singularity, I had to make his body and mind adapt to All for One. I utilized the little research you did on the quirk and refined it before using it on another subject."

"Who was the person unfortunate enough to be your guinea pig?"

"A man who's quirk was destroying his own body, yet another person who proves my theory. I told him by using All for One he could steal a regeneration quirk."

Deku glanced back to the room filled with Nomus. "Don't you already have a copy of that quirk? You've used it on every Nomu you created."

Ujiko smiles, "You're right, I could've given him a copy of the regeneration quirk. Instead, I wanted to see the effects my copy of All for One would have on him. As I suspected it accelerated the damage he sustains when overusing his quirk," Ujiko thinking to himself for a moment. "Could you watch over him? I want you to report what happens, I can use that information to help Shigaraki."

Deku considered the request he couldn't help but be curious at seeing a copy of All for One, especially after trying to create a drug with that very same quirk. "Alright, do you know where he is."

"Yes, I'll send you there." Ujiko turned to a small Nomu, it looked creepier than normal ones. Within a few moments, Deku was once again puking out the strange black liquid as he was warped away.

Within moments Deku found himself in a destroyed city with four people around him. A beast, a woman, a mummy, and a white-haired man he assumed was Nine. The three others were startled by Deku's sudden appearance and prepared to attack, but Nine stopped them.

"Who are you, and how did you find us?" Nine asked.

"I'm Deku, a member of the League of Villains. I've come on behalf of the doctor to ensure no further complications arise with your quirk."

-----------------------------------

A shorter chpater to set up the second movie arc.