Manipulation

A metal door that leads into a children's room, rainbows on the walls, a big bed, and toys still in their packages all around. If no one knew the circumstances it would appear as a normal kids room, and there on the bed lay Eri. Bandages on her arms and legs as she wore nothing but a gown seen in hospitals.

When the metal door opens the girl's body shoots up as she becomes terrified. Deku sees the girl's look of terror as to be expected from a girl whose only experience is someone trying to hurt her. As Deku sits on the side of the bed Eri beings backing away from him. 

"I'm not going to hurt you, my name is Deku," Deku says as he looks at the bandages.

Eri doesn't respond, the last time she saw Deku was when she tried to escape and he seemed like a very cold person.

"What happened to your parents?" Deku asked.

She didn't really want to answer, but the question lingered in the air as Deku waited patiently for her reply. Being alone or simply being forced to obey without having to speak was what she was accustomed to. Being forced to answer a question in such a manner was a new and unpleasant experience. 

"I-I accidentally used my quirk on my father making him disappear. My mother called me a cursed child and sent me away," tears formed in her eyes from the pain of the memory.

"Why have you never used your quirk to escape?" Deku was going to keep asking questions until he got a good understanding of Eri's situation.

"I don't understand it, I'm afraid. It's such a horrible thing that people get hurt because of me and my quirk," Eri answered the question much quicker this time knowing that Deku would simply wait until it's answered. 

Seeing the tears increase Deku reaches over and pulls her into a hug. The hug almost causes her to freeze stiff as the feeling was very mixed. Lemillion's embrace was kind but when he let go making her return to Overhaul she felt betrayed and conflicted about what the feeling of kindness even was. Deku's hug was very different, a part of her felt safe within his grasp but another part felt as if she was in the arms of a demon.

"The people I'm with have had similar experiences and would be able to help you," His hand slowly stroked Eri's hair as he kept her within his grasp. She shook her head beliveing it only to be another group that would probably cause her pain. Despite this she didn't remove herself from Deku's arms, his embrace feeling warm.

"People are killed because of me, I wish I never had this quirk!" Eri was beginning to cry again. Deku let go of Eri and turned her head so she was facing him. 

"If it wasn't you then Overhaul would have found another way, your quirk was probably the quicker option. So it isn't fair why your the one who should suffer, heroes are meant to save people yet the heroes chose not to save you. What do you owe those people?"

The meaning behind what Deku was saying was a bit too complex for Eri to grasp all at once. As her mind slowly tried to grasp what had been said Deku continued on.

"I'm capable of freeing you from this but I would need your trust no matter what may happen."

Eri became overwhelmed by what was happening as Deku let her go and slowly got up, her instinct was to grab him not wanting to be left alone. "I'll be back later," He stated as she saw the metal door open and close behind him leaving her alone in the room. 

As Eri was left alone with her thoughts the door reopened, the small hope that it was Deku immediately shattered as Overhaul walked in. 

"It's time for the tests," Overhaul said as two people with masks walked in to help escort Eri.

Eri hesitated for a moment as her eyes looked towards the ground as she slowly nodded. Slowly walking behind Overhaul she was led to a lab room with a chair that had straps all around it. The bandages were removed as the results of the experiments were shown, needle holes covered from her wrist to her shoulders and from her ankle up to her knees.