The Gentle and The Cruel

Within the League's hideout, Deku was on a crate with his phone playing a video with a classy looking man. 

Toga would glance around as she walked towards Deku. "Surprising to see you alone nowadays, Eri's usually clinging to you."

"Eri's taking a nap, I wanted to see what happens if she uses her power while her horn is small. The result is nothing happens, it only exhausts her." As Deku answers, his eyes were glued to the video.

"What're you watching?"

"A parody I think,"

Toga walks behind Deku to see the video. The man in the video called himself gentle before attempting to steal from a corner store. When heroes appeared to stop him the video would cut away before cutting back him walking away and the heroes on the ground.

"I don't even have the words for how terrible this is," Toga said having no idea what she watched.

"He has other videos like this and they're pretty much the same. Petty reason to commit a crime, heroes come, cutaway and heroes defeated. They're all minor heroes but it's still strange," Deku commented.

"How did you come across this?" 

"Rumors, a stubborn but horrible series of videos that kept getting taken down only to reappear elsewhere, it's very interesting."

"You think this guy's interesting?" 

"The only thing I find interesting about him is his quirk. What I'm talking about is the videos themselves."

"Please elaborate," Toga couldn't understand what Deku found interesting about these horrible videos.

"Remember the Stain video? It was taken down and put up so many times, usually by different people. Ever since videos involving villainy were closely monitored and removed by the police. No one else would want to upload this trashy video so it's the same person. This person hasn't been caught by the police so their computer skills are pretty good, something I think we could use as well."

"So you want the person who's working for this Gentle guy," Toga said understanding now.

"Yes, but I don't know how to track him down, his targets seem random. No matter which video I watch I can't figure out anything about him."

As Deku turns on another video Mr. Compress walks towards them. "Rare to hear you stumped on something, maybe I can help then."

Deku turns his phone showing Mr. Compress the next video.

"Gentle the gentleman thief? Besides his poor taste in names I'm surprised you haven't figured him out," Mr. Compress said.

"Isn't it just a name people use when looking up to someone? Like that UA kid who goes by the hero name Red Riot, obviously a fan of the older hero Crimson Riot," Deku said.

"They didn't cover the gentleman thief in school?" Mr. Compress says shocked.

Deku and Toga glance at each other "we're dropouts,"

Mr. Compress scratches the back of his head "I guess it would be hard being a criminal and going to school. This Gentle person has traits, looks, manners, and speech of a classic gentleman thief. Those kinds of thieves steal to right wrongs or only steal rare and difficult objects."

"Oh, then I wonder if we can push his desire for fame above his gentleman attitude,"

Deku begins posting a comment on the video as Toga reads it aloud. "No one cares about a small-time failure who couldn't succeed at the most basic of crimes. Deku that's just trolling."