Awkward Similarities

Bakugo was on the subway heading back to UA from the psychiatric ward. His head resting against the window as he remembered the awkward time he had with Inko. At first he was talking about himself and how junior high was going, but then she started asking questions about Izuku. It was hard talking positively about someone when they've become a dangerous criminal.

Heading off the subway and walking to the UA dorms Bakugo was quickly greeted by his classmates.

"Bakugo you're finally back," Kirishima said.

"Are you okay, we heard what happened," Yaoyorozu said.

"I'm fine," Bakugo stated as the students began to crowd him. "Would you all give me some room to breathe!" 

"Everyone quit crowding, he's probably exhausted and we should let him rest!" Iida shouted as he tried to get everyone else to calm down.

"Shouting like that won't help," Sero teased.

"Where's Half-Half at?" Bakugo asked once again not seeing him down here.

"When he comes back from the remedial courses he just shuts himself in his room," Ashido said.

Bakugo marched up to Todoroki's room banging on the door "half-half I know you're there open the damn door!" Bakugo's eye twitched as he received no answer "if you don't open this door I'll blow it down, you have until the count of three! One, two."

The door would slowly open "what do you want?"

Bakugo grabbed the door and threw it open and marched into Todoroki's room.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" Bakugo shouted.

"Wrong with me? You're the one who barged into my room."

"As your new friend I have that right, especially when they haven't even visited their mother."

"When were we friends? And my personal life isn't your business," Todoroki had so many questions for Bakugo, but the hyperactive blonde wasn't giving any proper answers.

"We're friends starting now and it's not up for debate. Tomorrow you're visiting your mother."

Todoroki slams his hand against the desk in his room "You think you can just dictate what I do? You have no idea what happened between us."

"She's sorry about the scar." Bakugo said as Todoroki's eyes widened "I don't know why you won't see her but she believes giving you that scar is the reason. You're right that I don't know much about you but it's an accidental scar isn't it."

Todoroki's hand covers the scar as he takes a deep breath calming himself down. "The scar is the reason but not because she gave it to me. I'm the product of a quirk marriage between Rei and Endeavor."

"Quirk marriages are frowned upon by society, wouldn't his reputation be ruined once people found out?"

"Being the number two hero gave him a lot of influence,  he covered up the marriage and the abuse. The stress and abuse caused my mother to suddenly snap. The very sight of my face reminded her of Endeavor and she threw boiling water over my eye."

Bakugo nodded his head "I still have no idea why you won't visit her."

"Were you even paying attention!"

"You've had a rough childhood and your father's an ass. What's important is your mother blames herself and you blame yourself. You both blame yourselves so your both wrong, there, problem solved."

"How does that solve anything?" Todoroki was baffled by Bakugo's conclusion.

"It's solved if you visit your mother you half-half idiot. Now, go tomorrow or I'll drag you."