Analysis

Midoriya was laying face first into the pavement, his breathing heavy as every inch of him felt sore. He could feel a giant hand pick him up by his head lifting him up off the ground, dangling him in the air. His vision was a bit shaky as he tried to focus on the thing that picked him up. The creature was twice as big as Midoriya having grey skin and the top part of its head missing exposing a brain. The thing had its jaw hanging open showing it's razor-sharp teeth and its eyes were nearly lifeless only focusing on Midoriya.

"Nomu That's enough" Shigarki said. He was leaning against a wall as he watched the Nomu let go as Midoriya flops to the ground like a ragdoll.

Midoriya's vision cleared as the numbness in his body slowly subsides. Slowly pulling himself up as his eyes stare at the now motionless Nomu, without orders the thing was like a statue. As his eyes glance around he sees the factory he has been fighting in, further back there were tanks where many other Nomu resided.

"Kurogiri, it's time we went back" Shigaraki announced as black mist slowly began to pour in from the shadows. Kurogiri was with the other Nomus in case he was ordered to retrieve and send out a different Nomu.

First, the mist engulfed the Nomu sending it back to its tank, then mist then envelopes Midoriya and Shigaraki taking them back to the bar. As they arrive Midoriya immediately leans against the barstool and slowly rests himself on it panting, still aching from the beating he received.

"You shouldn't be depressed Midoriya" All For One states from the TV "you're still developing your quirk, but when you are able to overcome them you will be stronger than the run of the mill Pro Heroes"

"They just have so many quirks, there hard to handle"

"That's incorrect, the problem lies in your efficiency. With very little interaction you're able to figure out the quirks the Nomu use against you, but by then you already lost. Take the Hero Killer's quirk, When he used his quirk you were already defeated"

"Please then tell me what should I be doing differently?"

"Predictions and aggressiveness. You must always have control, if you lose control of the situation you must keep in control of yourself or you will lose everything. Even before seeing a quirk you must predict what the hero would do while analyzing and adapting to each situation as it unfolds. Without mastering these you will never even hold a candle to the flame that is All Might"

"I understand," Midoriya says as he turns his head looking at Shigaraki.

"Ah that's right, today is the UA sports festival," Shigaraki said plainly.

"Of course, I hope you two learn something from it" Upon finishing that sentence the TV cuts off leaving only a blank screen. Picking up the remote Kurogiri turns the TV to the UA sports festival.

"This will be a pain" Shigaraki lazily stated turning his attention away from the TV.

"The first two events narrow down the contestants and those are the contestants we should pay attention to" Midoriya states as Shigaraki takes glances at the screen every so often.

The first thing Midoriya notices is Bakugo walking up to the mic on stage "I pledge that I'll be number one"

Those words have everyone booing Bakugo as Shigaraki turns his head looking at Midoriya with a bit of confusion "this is your friend right?"

"I wonder if we ever really were"

"He could be interesting"

"Shigaraki, whatever your planning or thinking I recommend you stop. Kacchan's pride at first may seem like something a villain may use, but his pride is from trying to be like All Might. I know first hand what he is capable of and trust me you will see him do much worse and through it all, he truly believes he can be the number one hero"

"I know, I know, you also want to settle things with him" Shigaraki places his hand on Midoirya's shoulder making sure not all his fingers touch "Don't worry, I'll make sure you get your meeting soon"

As the first event ends Kurogiri mentions every student that he came across at UA, pointing at each one as their image appeared on the screen. For every person mentioned Midoriya wrote down their name in his notebook and began to seriously analyze their quirks. Making sure to put a star beside Todoroki's name as he managed to come in first with Bakugo coming in second.

The second event was a cavalry battle with different students teaming up. Midoriya references the notebook learning the names of Kirishima, Uraraka, and Sero who were on Bakugo's team. Todorki's team consisted of Iida, Yaoyorozu, and Kaminari.

the second event ended with both Todorki's and Bakugo's team making it to the finals. Two other teams also made it, One consisted of Tokoyami, Shinso, Ashido, and Aoyama. The other team was Hatsume, Tetsutetsu, Shiozaki, and Monoma.

Midoriya was quickly writing down all the information of the UA students before sighing in relief once the cavalry battle ended. "Now it is just the one versus one matches, writing these will be much easier"

The one versus one matches were mostly uneventful with a few unique ones. Monoma copying Shinso's hypnotizing quirk, Hatusme using Iida to sell her support items and the match between Uraraka and Bakugo.

Round two of the one versus one matches only two were interesting: Todoroki freezing Monoma in seconds, and Bakugo overcoming Kirishima. The Semi-Final round Todoroki and Bakugo once again won their matches with relative ease.

In the final round, it started off very intense with Bakugo trying to resist being frozen by Todoroki. "Something's wrong" Midoriya interjected

"What do you mean something's wrong?" Shigaki replied

"Kacchan is usually very earnest when he fights, but here he is getting angry from something Todoroki is or perhaps isn't doing"

"Ah, I don't see it"

"Maybe it is just something I noticed since I knew him for so long"

The battle continues as Bakugo's explosions slowly get bigger and less precise. Bakugoseeming to of hand enough jumps in the air and begins to spin, using the explosions to spin faster as smoke surrounds him and he heads for Todoroki. Todoroki raises his left hand as fire appears from it but his hesitation causes Bakugo to collide with Todoroki causing a massive explosion sending him outside the ring while Bakugo's still inside.

"Now I understand, he is pissed that Todoroki wouldn't use his fire" Seeing Bakugo run-up to the unconscious Todoroki allowed Midoiya to understand everything but it left Shigaraki a bit confused.

"Midoiriya, are you sure we can't use Bakugo?" Seeing Bakugo restrained at the pedestal during the award ceremony made him feel that people were restraining Bakugo and that him being a villain would free him

"Kacchan won't hold any resentment towards the people who restrained him. All that anger is simply directed at the fact Todoroki wouldn't use his full power. He doesn't care about anything but being the best, no matter what happens to him" a grin appears over Midoriya's face as he unconsciously activates his quirk, the black lightning covering his body. "However, I might be able to come up with a plan that won't only use him, but break him."

000000

"Bakugo - Quirk: Explosion"

Explosion allows the user to excrete sweat similar to nitroglycerin from his palms and ignite it at will to create various explosions. The more the user sweats, the more powerful the explosions become.Repeated explosions, particularly large ones, eventually result in throbbing pain to the users arms and shoulders.