Arc 8, Chapter 3: A Warriors Return

3rd person POV:

Kali: "Going back home now Eren?"

Eren: "Yeah. I'll at least try to stay there for a bit and see what happens. I'll take you up on the offer though."

Kali: "Offer?"

Eren: "That I can stay here and call it home. If after all these years I'm still not comfortable at that place...I'll just come back home, right?"

Kali gives Eren a warm motherly smile and hugs him, rubbing his back.

Kali: "Of course sweetie."

She lets go of Eren and pats his head.

Kali: "Sorry if it gets a little hot here. Even in December it's a little toasty sometimes."

Eren laughs and stands up, grabbing a jacket Blake bought for him. It's a tailcoat just like hers and Bellas but red and black instead of white, black and purple like Blakes and gold and purple like Bellas.

Kali: "You look very good in that Eren. Seems Blake already picked your fashion sense."

Eren: "Picked?"

Kali: "Hah. Yep. She's buying you your clothes now and you do NOT have a choice."

Eren chuckles and heads down the stairs, seeing Bella playing cards with Ghira.

Ghira: "Leaving already?"

Eren: "For now. Depends on how I handle the old home. If it doesn't go well, I still have here."

Ghira: "Yep. Did Blake buy you that coat?"

Eren: "Yeah she did. Kali said that she's picking out my clothes from now on?"

Ghira sighs and laughs a little nervous.

Ghira: "The day after I married Kali is when I no longer had my own fashion sense. I lost mine and she had 2. She has her own and then "Ghira's Collection"."

Eren laughs and sits down next to Bella.

Eren: "Heh...I'm sure it'll be fine."

Eren rubs Bella back and watches the two play for a round. Never has Eren seen someone lose that many games of Blackjack and still have a blast like Bella does.

Eren: "So this is your new home Bella?"

Bella: "Yeah. I want to make up for lost time with my family, you know? I don't think you can blame me for that."

Eren: "Nope. I can't."

Bella puts her cards down for a second and pulls him into a hug.

Bella: "If you do decide to stay over there, I'll miss you little bro."

Eren: "I'll miss you too sis. Thanks for keeping me company in the Throne World for so long."

Bella: "You act like I had a choice."

They both laugh as Eren gets up and puts his shoes on, opening the front door.

Ghira: "How long will Blake be out for?"

Eren: "Same amount of time I was here for. Two days. Tell her I'll be waiting in the bullhead."

Ghira nods and they both give each other a thumbs up before Eren closes the door. As he walks out into the front of the house, the bullhead door opens and Eren jumps up inside.

Pilot: "Patch right?"

Eren: "Yep! That's the place!"

Eren sits down in one of the seats and runs a hand through his hair. His bags are already set next to him, basically just the clothes Blake bought him yesterday before their...fun.