He who reeks

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Incessant banging had awoken the exhausted damsel

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Incessant banging had awoken the exhausted damsel. Disorientated, Lalzari woke up in a flash, touching her body in shock that her clothes were yet still on. "No one came to my room in the middle of the night? This isn't how it usually goes" the perplexed vixen muttered under her breath.

"Lalzari! The king is asking for you!" Someone from the other side clamoured like a yapping parrot.

Asking for me? Maybe he just had mercy last night... Don't get your hopes up child, a monster will always remain a monster. Lalzari conversed with herself.

The young damsel was so enthralled in the sea of her thoughts, so detached from reality that she hadn't noticed the servant from behind the door bursting in. "Are you deaf!!" The servant bellowed. The servants had been gossiping about this new girl that king had bought all night and began disliking her without knowing anything about her. Lalzari shook her head in response to his condescending words.

Before she died, Melaniee had told Lalzari that every word you say comes back to you, and always emphasised to keep her mouth shut. She had grabbed Lalzari's arm, as the brave vixen was about to confront Melaniee's abuser and said "Only speak if they ask you otherwise you'll end up with a cut off tongue bleeding on the sidewalk not able to scream because you're choking on your own blood". Lalzari believed every word she said, therefore she doesn't speak.

"Bought by the king and now you think you're royalty huh? Just go to the king!" The servant continued unsatisfied with no reply. Lalzari nodded, covering herself as she waited for the servant to leave. But the servant just stood staring at her, as if she was an animal in a zoo. Lalzari didn't speak but stared right back at him with her subdued expression.

"She's so strange" the servant said as he shook his head and finally walked out of the room.

"I should probably brush my hair and wash my face. The king looks like he's someone who likes his women presentable" Lalzari said as she slipped on the new dress that had been laid out for her. She stood and stared at her reflection in the mirror for a while, gazing upon her long royal dress with sleeves that didnt't even reach her elbows, and she couldn't help but notice the emptiness in her eyes. A hollow void. Perhaps the drought is nearer to the fragile femme fetal, than she thought. What have I become?, she muttered in her thoughts.

The castle was huge, lined with big fancy doors wrapped in golden glitter and rubies, hallways that stretch as far as the prosperous deserts, floors as clear as glass with rich water flowing beneath them. The castle could have been so beautiful if it was in the hands of someone good.

Lalzari had no idea what room the king might have been in, but she was searching for a good portrait of the king for he must be in a room painted with himself. Lalzari began to prepare herself for whatever the king desired, going through each scenario one at a time. Then she saw it, the big pathetic self portrait and knew the king must have been waiting in there.