She Who Smiles

The vision became translucently clear like mountains reflected in the pellucid waters

The vision became translucently clear like mountains reflected in the pellucid waters. Husayrah as a child, running and smiling before the small child is taken by three huge men, oh Husayrah these visions are going to make me so sad aren't they? The tender-hearted vixen exclaimed to herself.

Men stripping away young Husayrah's clothes. Tears streaming down her youthful face and her voice crying out for help. Masters after masters using her and tearing her body down until she no longer recognises her own body. Beatings day and night destroying her body. Internal bleedings. Miscarriages after miscarriages from masters that didn't even remember her face. She was left in a field for death bleeding out as she cried out "oh you who created me, take me now". The visions skip to her being in the embrace of Zunaid. He holds her tight and makes promises of treating her well and protecting her. But he forgets her as she cries lonely nights alone as he sits around the bonfire with his family laughing and chatting. But when he does come back into the tent for her she smiles and he has no idea of the pain she felt. A baby grows inside of her and for the first time true happiness is planted within Husayrah. A baby girl is born and named Amal. Amal turns into a young child who looks exactly like her mother.

Suddenly, the visions go from a bright gold to a deep dark black. The gold fades away and an eerie, awful, intense feeling is thundering within Lalzari as she continues watching these devastating visions. Oh Husayrah, it's going to get even worse now isn't it?

The king's men come and raid their tents, killing one after the other. Zunaid kneeling. Amal runs as fast as her small feet can carry her and as her arms are just about to embrace her father one of the soldiers shoots her. Time stops. Tears streaming down Husayrah's face before her mouth opens to scream for her one and only hope, Amal. As she holds her daughter watching her die, Amal's last words are "Mama don't cry I'll see you again". Betrayal of Husayrah's sister who told Amal to save Zunaid even though she knew what the outcome would be. Sadness embraces Husayrah and Zunaid leaves her and remarries. She watches the way he loves her and knows he never loved Husayrah like that. She was never enough. Yet, Zunaid still comes to her when he needs a pep talk, motivation, encouragement. Husayrah is always there to give it.

The visions dissolve, Lalzari knows there were more but Husayrah must have stopped them when she noticed tears running down Lalzari's face.

"Hu-Husayrah" a shattered Lalzari cried as she felt every ounce of pain that Husayrah felt throughout her life. Husayrah, walked over to the vixen in despair and embraced her, Husayrah's tiny body somehow enveloping Lalzari's.

"Don't cry for me, my life is what it is. I just wanted someone to know" Lalzari  embraced Husayrah back squeezing her as tight as possible in hopes that will translate into some form of comfort. The visions created so many questions for the sadden femme and so many of those questions will go answered and the story of Husayrah will be forever forgotten to the books of the lost. Someone needs to know everything so she will be remembered, so her pain will be held onto.

"Husayrah.... You have to tell me. Why did your sister betray you? Why do you keep yearning for Zunaid when he doesn't give you the love you crave? How are you still alive and smiling? Husayrah? Tell me... How did you come from the unknown?" Husayrah took a deep breath as if the answers were heavier than the chains locked on Lalzari's ankles. Husayrah looked out the tent and then at Zunaid who stood lovingly with his wife. His huge arms wrapped around her and it was clear in Husayrah's eyes how she had been longing for something similar but been deprived. A young vulnerable soul who found someone that promised to take care of them and didn't, but was visibly capable of doing so.

"She betrayed me because she never loved me. My love for Zunaid is too big even if he doesn't love me the same. I'm alive and smiling because it brings others joy and I can't be the reason why someone else cries. And my name... Husayrah... It was given to me by me. You should do that too" Lalzari sat in silence as she pondered upon the answers she got. Somehow, they didn't seem like much of an answer but perhaps Husayrah knew that the full answers would upset Lalzari too much and as her pure heart beats she will always try and lessen the sorrows and pain of others. How can someone be such a blessing, and not seen by others? Lalzari thought to herself, making herself angry on Husayrah's behalf. Lalzari noticed how Husayrah didn't answer the question of how she became unknown but maybe the answers is in her name. No one should be forced to tell parts of their story they feel should be hidden. I'll let this part of Husayrah's story stay hidden.

Husayrah stood up and started walking around the tent before she looks back at Lalzari with her soulful eyes, yearning to speak. I wonder what she's thinking? Does she want to show me more? Is she hesitating? Oh Husayrah, won't you just show me whatever your heart desires so you can gain some peace? The heavy-hearted Lalzari pleaded in her mind hoping Husayrah would be able to hear her request.

Zunaid dashed in the tent interrupting Husayrah as she was about to tell Lalzari more. But the attention changed as the panic on Zunaid's face was clearly coming from a big problem that has risen. Lalzari could't help but become vexed at how moments ago Zunaid was standing with his wife and now running to Husayrah when a problem appeared. Isn't it wrong of Zunaid to treat Husayrah as an option? And isn't it also wrong to go to another women when his wife stands next to him?

"FILLARD" the stocky build man roared as a man bigger than him came in. Fillard was as same build as Zunaid yet a little taller and heavier with an expression on his face as if he had done something terribly wrong."TELL THEM" Zunaid yelled as Fillard stepped forward towards Husayrah.

"I don't regret what I did. I needed to take revenge so I went to the king's winter base and killed them all." Zunaid roared in frustration and pushed Fillard out of the way "Now the soldiers are coming and maybe even the king!!! They're gonna start a war!!!!"

"The king won't come. He's a coward. You'll only be fighting his soldiers" Zunaid spun around and stared at Lalzari almost angry that she had spoken. Surely, he must have guessed she was from the castle by now. The gold gems on her dress and the fact that she isn't deriving from any of the other tribes outside the castle should be enough to tell anyone where she's actually from. 

"How do you know?!!!" The angered man asked. With not much time to waste Zunaid still somehow founds time to attempt to control situations. Zunaid didn't trust anyone and it showed. Lalzari gazed at Husayrah knowing she would be able to control the situation, and knowing her story, Lalzari knew she probably realised that Lalzari was from the kingdom of Laham. Yet her soft eyes didn't change towards Lalzari, her knowledge about where she came from didn't cloud her perception of Lalzari.

"Zunaid we have no time to waste. Let's get ready to fight. There will be approximately 30-40 of the king's men wanting to fight. Load the guns. Prepare everyone. And I'll make the strategy" Zunaid nodded and dashed back out grabbing Fillard by his collar dragging him out with him. As soon as the men left Husayrah started changing her clothes into something that could only be described as battle ready.

"I'd ask the other tribes to be our ally's but there's no time. You will fight, yeah?" Lalzari nodded as she started clothing herself with whatever Husayrah was throwing on the chair.

"How many tribes are there?"

"6. You've met ours and The Khanhawar's. We need 10 at the front. 10 at the back. 10 high up. And 10 hiding. Everyone else will fight on the ground" the battle ready warrior dictated. In this moment, Husayrah was seen clearly like the reflection in glass. She was the brains behind this tribe, the one who knew exactly what to do in times of crisis. The two young warriors could hear the silenced panic of the tribe outside the tent and with no time to waste Husayrah yanked the blind off the tent and wrapped it around hair and face only showing her eyes.

"In honour of you" the strong Husayrah bellowed and she looked at Lalzari. Lalzari re-wrapped Mareeb's shawls around her face copying Husayrah and grabbed on of the cannon guns on the table.

"In honour of The Sirs" Lalzari bellowed. Husayrah's smile could be seen through the shawl and Lalzari's climb for power was about to start with her first battle.