The Lightening Illuminances

The large veins of roots spread across the muddy grouts

The large veins of roots spread across the muddy grouts. Lalzari looked up with awe at the vast canopy protecting her from her own very demons. The woods extended deep into the cozy darkness. A calming song erupted from a nearby tree where a bird found its abode in the night breeze.

Dusk stained the glistening foliage with shadow and murk. As nightfall descended, the sounds of the forest began to ebb. Uncertainty hung in the warm, wet air from the explosion of fire not far away. The one who has lightening rushing through her veins was the very one who caused that eruptive fire, thus the warmth of its after effects feels ever so calming.

Who am I meant to be? Lalzari questioned herself as the sound of splattering blood played on repeat in her mind. She had done something so violent for the first time yet couldn't fathom why she didn't feel anything. Am I detached to this violence because they deserved it? The warrior woman pondered trying to make sense of what she had done.

"The fire was so... Beautiful..." Lalzari breathed as she remembered the glistening fire that eradicated everything in its way. The sheer power of the flaming scorching ignition was beyond anything else, it could sweep everything away faster than a baby could weep. It unapologetically destroyed everything in its path, that was what fascinated the illuminated vixen so much.

Lalzari had snapped out of her own thoughts to catch Rehamal intensely watching her as they walked the trail back to The Kingdom of Laham. "What?" Lalzari asked defensively as she felt someone had intruded her most intimate moment. The exposed vixen crossed her arms creating a shield between her and the world. They'll think... I've obtained great darkness if they were ever to hear my thoughts. Lalzari cautioned. Yet Rehamal just shook her head and muttered "you're just cool" the sudden praise surprised the warrior damsel making her redirect the conversation to anything other than herself.

"So... What's with you and Zikki? Don't deny it" she teased as Rehamal signed knowing she couldn't hide her feelings for long. After all, her annoyance towards him was written all over her face like a bull that had seen the red flowing fabric.

"It's a love story gone wrong kind of thing" she breathed with a sadness written all over her angular face. She tilted her head to the side as if she was trying to let the tears escape from the side so they wouldn't be seen. But to hide your tears from Lalzari was to expect no one to see rain in a dessert.

"What happened?" Lalzari poked as she felt the sadden blacksmiths soul weep. Lalzari could almost see it, if she closed her eyes she could see Rehamal's soul all crumbled up sitting in darkness crying to herself. Sometimes... Most times... People just need company when in sadness. Lalzari told the crumbled whimpering soul.

"I loved him. I really did. You see he loved someone else when he said he loved me. I knew it but thought things would change because she didn't love him back. She hurt him!" Anger painted Rehamal's face by the thought of someone hurting her once lover. She wiped her hair away from her face as she continued,