The Era of Zulumat

Lalzari, Ahmali and Mareeb stood outside the Makhluqat's residence

Lalzari, Ahmali and Mareeb stood outside the Makhluqat's residence. As the moon rose, the translucent light shinned upon the worn, faceless statues of monsters and winged devils. In the moonlight, the crooked headstones stood tall, keeping to their emptied promises even as time wore away the true messages that the people bore. The three warriors walked through the tangled weeds until they reached the back gates and an empty plot. This space, beneath the bower of an old oak, was Lalzari's former masters abode. How odd to stand in dewy grass, knowing that the master that caused me so much pain would never be able to leave this place. Lalzari trailed off to herself.

The Khanhawar Women had set off towards The Sir's to protect them against Talbazar. Ahmali was supposed to join and protect her people but Lalzari told the child to go with her instead. The strong warrior might look fearless and cold but her heart for Ahmali is warm and pumps to protect her at all costs. And Mareeb... Well he had finally got permission to join one of Lalzari's quests though his presence worried Lalzari as he had never been in such a situation before. It's not that Mareeb was necessarily weak, but they way he carried his body in a water-like manner didn't exactly coexist with the idea of battle and violence.

"If anything goes wrong just use your golden light!" Ahmali encouraged as her grip around her snow guardian's iced hands grew tighter. The ominous atmosphere from the graveyard made everything seem so tense. The three trailed along as if they were preparing themselves for a jump scare. A snapping twig, a tumbled stone and the flight of a startled animal hidden in the brush had frightened Lalzari. She paused, turned, and looked back at the edge of the dark graveyard behind her, unaware of the birds forming truncated crosses against the leaden sky where storm clouds grew promising something terrible and fierce.

"I- I don't know how to use it... I don't even know how I got it" Lalzari sighed as thoughts of worry flooded her mind of how she was going to persuade The Makhluqat's.

"Don't you remember? Who else had golden light like that?" Ahmali questioned trying to encourage her snow guardian to put the pieces together. Ahmali was wise for her age and knew how to ask the things needed to make Lalzari think deeper about things. Lalzari lived a life in rapid speed. Constantly looking over her shoulder, thinking ten steps ahead, that she had forgotten to properly contemplate. She needed to take her time to understand things, she needed greater focus. Perhaps Ahmali came into her life to give her that focus.

"Husayrah?" Lalzari gasped as Ahmali nodded. "But why and how did she give me her light?!" The perplexed maidan continued.

"Omid! Look!" Mareeb interrupted pointing at some shadows in the near distance. The shadows stood in a row of two emitting great darkness from them. They didn't look human nor inhuman, they looked like if humans had uncovered great evil turning their souls and the vessels that carried them black and empty.

As they started walking forward their faces became clearer, their eyes were completely black and their sunken faces looked like the life was drained out of them. Their bodies looked heavy as they walked towards the three, it looked as if they were dragging their bodies with all their might. Heavy, like the spade that digs clay.