She Was Tamed by Illuminances

Mareeb entered the castle finding the most sacred place to hide the gold

Mareeb entered the castle finding the most sacred place to hide the gold. He opened his Omid's special box where she had shown him her wedding ring and placed the box of gold beneath it wrapping it tightly and securely under massive amounts of cloth. He then hid it behind all Balencia's fancy dresses.

"There...that should be hidden well enough" Mareeb sighed to himself satisfied that he had succeeded in the little mission he was given. The maiden boy sloughed down on the bed letting his shoulders hang like a willow trees. His memories flushed like an intense flash of light as he thought of Khushboo.

"Why didn't you confide in me first, huh?" He spoke aloud rubbing his forehead with his fingers scratching the dead skin off. The anxiety of now knowing what was happening to her was causing him great distress.

"Maybe... Maybe I should've made it clear that I would protect my Khushboo" he confessed out into a hollow room. The words he bespoke made him feel like he had liften a burden that was resting on his heart. In reality, Mareeb didn't understand much about love or relationships as he had long forgotten the feeling of it. The only example he had was his childhood friend that visited him once in a blue moon and his Omid that took care of him whenever she was around. Thick tears formed in his eyes but didn't fall and an unfamiliar feeling took over the servant of Balencia.

(Thud thud thud) "Did you see what they did to the maid girl?" Another maid whispered outside the room. Mareeb's curiosity and worries for Khushboo were enough to make him creep to the door hearing anything else they had to say about the doe-eyed innocent angel he had gotten a liken for.

"I did! She didn't look well. She was coughing up blood and even too weak to stand" the other maid replied.

"She's gonna die a terrible death" the maid sighed.

"And all she wanted to do was break free...this is the sad fate of us maids" the maid muttered with a heavy sadness in her voice. Mareeb clinched his fist, straightened his back, and stood with his legs wide apart huffing and puffing. He stood towering as if he was looming over someone and whispered.

"We will end all this suffering. Me and Omid"

The horse was riding on a medium pace as Ahmali clung to her sister tightly. The darkness of the forest had started to slowly light up the trees creating shadows here and there.

"It must be sunrise soon" Balencia bespoke aloud as she calculated how much time she had left.

"The times right now seem darker than they've ever been..." Ahmali confessed sighing as her cheery personality left like a butterfly flying from a hand that once felt lucky to have it to sit upon.

"I know my dear. Hang on tight, I'm reaching my goal soon" Balencia tried to comfort even though deep down she knew that times had shifted and the land had started to feel like a heavy black cloud of darkness was constantly hovering over it.