The Sea and In-between

"Khushboo is located in the West Bank

"Khushboo is located in the West Bank. You'll have to travel... Well... west and they'll be right before the river but..." The Khanhawar woman explained as she stood by the irrefutable gates of kingdom Qasin.

"What did you see?" Balencia asked, well aware that the Khanhawar warrior had discovered something that almost made her tie her tongue in shame.

"I saw something I was unaware of, warrior. I saw... The race on the other side of the river... They are being subjected to immense suffering by the ones on this side of the kingdom. And we didn't even know or throw our metal shields for protection. The rest is for you to discover" The Khanhawar warrior explained as she tightly pressed her palms together in discomfort.

Balencia and Rehamal entered Kingdom Qasin with a weight sitting on their chests for their hearts knew that there was an neverending suffering looming over the land. One only a true warrior would be able to put it to an end, but even then, it would be a long excruciating journey.

"I wonder if... That's my race..." Rehamal thought to herself as her own memories came flushing back like the uncontrollable rivers. Her memories were suffering and they were literally engraved onto her tainted skin like ink penetrated.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the West Bank, as the loud sounds of missiles and gunshots were like a guiding northern star, but unlike the star, the destination was one no one wished to arrive at.

Soldiers stood by the borders with their guns and protection aiming at a group of people that in no way radiated any form of threat. Upon crossing the border the other side was just a bunch of civilians with torn up shirts and flip flops digging for their loved ones under the rubbles.

"What... What happened here?" Balencia said shocked to see such destruction. The 223km acre land was all at one level from the demolished homes, hospitals, and institutes. The land had turned ashy gray with white fluff floating in the air from the aftermath of destruction. All one would see and hear was fathers and mothers pulling children and babies out from the rubble, hoping it was theirs, running with them in their arms towards the doctors in hope that they were still alive. But that same hope was like a flame that had burned all the wax down.

"Mamaaaa!!! Mamaaaa!!!" A small boy covered in dust and dirt screamed as he ran mindlessly like a lost puppy trying to see if he recognised anyone. Balencia immediately ran to the little boys' aid, picking him up in her arms. He reminded her of Tini and his little body seemed so fragile, just like hers.

"Where did you come from?" She asked him as she wiped the dried blood off his forehead. But the boy didn't answer, he just looked around with such emptiness in his eyes that if one saw what he had seen our brains would make our eyes turn blind to never see such sights again.

"Let's take him to where the doctors are! At least they'll be able to take care of him" Rehamal recommended as she watched the sapphire eyes of the boy twitch and tremble. Anyone would be able to see that his sapphire ornaments was the same as Rehamal's.