The Mountain Didn't Crumble

By the stupendous gates of Kingdom Laham the doors were woven with pure gold threads of branches and leaves

By the stupendous gates of Kingdom Laham the doors were woven with pure gold threads of branches and leaves. Just outside the entrance to the forest opens up like a trail to the unknown, their journey in front of them, to make history. Balencia arrived to the three filled caravans and a proud Rehamal and Malaa standing by them. The black smiths daughter had her steel blue hair tied back in a high ponytail, her emerald eyes shinning through the dawn that had emerged from behind the trees. The Khanhawar leader stood strong, stable and elevated as always, with her newly refined flame flail in her hands.

"These are true warriors" Balencia muttered as she ran to them, greeting them with a smile of aspirations. Their three smiles combined was like a doorway to space. Saturn rings in their faces, the stars in their eyes, they were open vessel of stories and moments of the past, present and future. So much untold, yet so much said.

"They're all there. They're all safe. We're ready!" Rehamal boosted, her eyes stayed in tears for she couldn't believe there would come a day when prisoners were no longer chained. She was her own planet that seemed to never rotate and witness the daylight. But for once, she saw the burning star and it lit up what was needed inside of her.

"This is just the start. We'll free Khushboo and eventually... This kingdom too" Balecnia bespoke watching Rehamal's face light up even more. The doom of Laham walked to the front of the caravan to peak inside where she saw some of the inhabitants of the basement. They were all scrunched up like a crumbled peice of paper. They didn't seem fearful, nor happy for they probably had no idea that the place they were going to would be any better than the concrete walls they've known for years.

The little girl came out behind the compressed mass and her face was one Balencia recognised instantly. The girl who ate her own mother...Balencia tensed as she felt a pulling gurgling sensation turn in her stomach. Yet, the closer the girl got the more humane she became. She was just a little innocent girl that was kept in darkness and starved for so long that she lost control. She pulled out a piece of black cloth with a tiny white star on it and handed it to the controller of electricity herself. Balencia watched the intricacies of pure cotton weaved with cheap satin. The way it shimmered in specific angles, the way it looked elegant yet worn.

"It was mama's" the little girl said, and the token of given it away to her saviour only meant that there was hope. Balencia had become a beacon of expectancy for the lost, chained and forgotten ones.

"When we raise our banners people will know" Balencia said as she tucked the piece of cloth into her chest as if she was hugging a loved one. The little girl smiled for even she knew exactly what those words meant. One day I'll raise the banner with this very cloth and that will be the day that if I were to die the very next moment, I'd be satisfied. Balencia boosted in her mind as she closed her eyes shut to imagine that glorious day.

They escaped into the forest with their caravans filled with innocent lives that hadn't even had a chance to enjoy the blessings of life. Balencia sat at the top of the caravan viewing the surroundings like a guardian cloak. There was nothing that was going to get in the way of her first accomplishment.