The Warriors in Dresses

Lalzari's worn out legs were getting fatigued from keeping up with the young vixen as she sprinted through the dirt and leaves, dodging every confined space made up of branches

Lalzari's worn out legs were getting fatigued from keeping up with the young vixen as she sprinted through the dirt and leaves, dodging every confined space made up of branches. The trees swayed inwards creating a tunnel that formed great darkness. The icy wind hit the back of Lalzari's throat, suffocating her but the determined femme fatal continued and didn't stop for a second.

Lalzari recognised the rituals that were used on the pendant. Neither female nor male, dressed in black from head to toe, with long dark straight hair will sit and wait for people to come and ask for wishes, usually it's the sick, and they grant them. They call themselves Boblas. Lalzari's mama use to tell her the way they cure people is granted through darkness and smoke. Lalzari witnessed it with her own eyes once when she was a child.

"Shhh be quiet Bebe" her mother whispered and they walk through an old village eyeing the Boblas. They were sitting in a triangle, chanting strange things, surrounded by their own filth and feces, some of them were bawling their eyes out. Suddenly, they started acting even more strange... Almost possessed. The young girl grabbed her mother's arm and embraced it like a frightened koala, hiding her face in her mother's shawl. The mother kneeled down to her terrified child whispering "this is what they want, Bebe. They want to summon whatever they did".

That's what the pendant is. It's one of their workings and the exact reason Lalzari must get rid of it. Mama told her to throw anything that looked like it might be from the Boblas into a flowing stream and she would be free.

"Wouldn't surprise me if the king had deals with the Boblas" the anxious Lalzari murmured. What the Boblas had promised the king might remain a mystery but surely it must have been something in regards to power.

Lalzari stopped and her eyes fell upon it, a flowing stream. She landed herself behind a chunk of mud in front of the river before she caught her breath and threw the pendant straight into the water. It got taken by the force of waves and sailed away and after a few seconds is no where to be seen. "Ahhh, just like that... I'm free" the exhausted vixen sighed. She could feel the tightened grip around her throat release as soon as the pendant hit the water. My lord made sure I knew about the Boblas before I was given this pendant so I could see it as a sign and get rid of it! I just know there's a lord who sees me in my most intimate and vulnerable moments when no one else does. He is oh so near. And in this moment as the pendant has been taken by the stream I feel him nearer to me than ever before. Was I supposed to run into this forest at this moment hunched over this stream? Lalzari's thoughts were cut short as she heard a deep female voice roar.

"MALAAAA" followed by sounds of horses galloping, and out of the darkness emerged a group of women covered in abayas and niqabs on their horses. It appeared they were practicing fighting, some of them had bows and arrows and some spears. One of them was holding a huge flail that seemed so heavy yet she carried it so effortlessly.

Lalzari locked eyes with the woman holding the flail, her piercing pale yellow eyes starring right into Lalzari's soul making her shiver. In the midst of the women fighting, the flail woman got off her horse and walked over to Lalzari with one of the most powerful trudges she had ever seen. "Mesmerising..." the enthralled Lalzari muttered.