The Mirage in The Desert

The three travellers could see The Sirs haywire tents from the distance and as they grew closer Lalzari's stomach turned and tightened as if she was wearing a corset made out of unbendable metals

The three travellers could see The Sirs haywire tents from the distance and as they grew closer Lalzari's stomach turned and tightened as if she was wearing a corset made out of unbendable metals. They hadn't been able to identify the deceased victims yet as their bodies were far too burnt. Rehamal joined the journey which ended up being a good choice because her small thoughts and talk lightened their hearts even if for only a moment.

The devasted warriors guilt grew like that of a tumour going unnoticed and infecting the whole body. How could I have been so late? How could it had gone unnoticed? My plan will fail if I don't have eyes everywhere, Lalzari told herself as she planned ways to make sure something like this would never happen again. The kingdom of Laham was a constant chaos where every little chess piece was plotting their vengeance and if Lalzari didn't know everyone's intentions there would be no way of her succeeding this battle of reign.

"I have to make stronger connections in the kingdom and make sure they report back to me" Lalzari bespoke aloud. Ahmali tightened her grip on Lalzari's hand as her way of agreeing without speaking. The little exhausted warrior didn't have much energy to speak as her thoughts were constantly drained, who was missing from her tribe, her family?

"We need to be better for you! Me, Zikki and Zomayah will keep an eye out in the village. We'll make sure we know exactly what the civilians are up to. You just focus on the castle!" Rehamal comforted. Lalzari shot her a smile of appreciation, she knew Rehamal was one to be counted on. The army of Balencia was slowly building as she had surrounded herself with the most trustworthy companions.

They finally reached The Sirs and as soon as Zunaid laid an eye on the travelling group he rushed like a heavy cloud of rain towards them.

"AHMALI! Where have you been dear?" He yelled out of concern, his hot-headed personality forever being apart of him regardless of the situation. Ahmali kept her head down and it was clear she was trying not to fall into tears.

"Zunaid... We have bad news. Some of The Sirs have been killed my Laham... I'm sorry I-" Lalzari explained before being cut off by Zunaid's hand being lifted up in an aggressive motion. Lalzari sighed fearing that whatever happened between Lalzari and Zunaid was like a scar they would never be able to heal from.

(Sigh) "Galina, Uhudam, Sameer, and Rumood... I knew they weren't going to return. There was nothing that could be done unfortunately. It's not your fault." Zunaid stated. A shocked Lalzari lifted her head, her former anger and hatred for the animalistic warrior had disappeared. Zunaid continued "Ahmali take your blue-haired friend, go see your dad and make him prepare empty caskets in the graveyard. I'm going to speak to her alone" as he pointed at Lalzari.

They walked a bit outside the tents to a place that seemed isolated but it was clear where they were. Cut grass and newly turned earth infiltrated the area. Perfume and musk mingling in the air from other mourners that had visited. A pile of mud with a few flowers and a small stone with the writing Husayrah, the light.