The Blighted Bay

The evening scene in the village was very different from that in the Kingdom

The evening scene in the village was very different from that in the Kingdom. In the village, the atmosphere was peaceful, there was absolutely no noise or sound. There was a sereneness that hugged the town like a mother's voice singing a lullaby to her infant. The air was pure and fresh. Birds were chirping in the trees creating sweet harmonies for the ears to hear. The civilians poured out their bath water onto the streets letting the ground sparkle with flowing water.

"This could have been such a beautiful place" Lalzari imparted as her eyes welled up from the beauty before her. She was so use to seeing destruction that the sight of bliss had her in awe. She had forgotten just how sweet the sight of pure landscape tasted. As she walked passed one of the small houses she noticed a small child sitting in front of a warm fireplace laughing at something that was out of view. There laid so many pure souls in this village even after such a massacre they found happiness within the warmth of a fireplace.

Suddenly, a few civilians had started noticing Lalzari and became frightened by this stranger walking through their town. Old widows and men of farmers peaked out their windows and when they saw her they would quickly close the blinds. They didn't want to be seen so badly they acted like they had seen the plague walk through their hallways.

Lalzari wanted to enter the houses, introduce herself and make them see that she wasn't something to fear. But time was of the essence and she couldn't be exposing her identity. She glanced over the porches as she walked by trying to find the blue flowers yet the houses didn't even have flowers. All that they had was hay and mud. But then again, flowers wouldn't bloom with such a darkness roaming the kingdom would it?

"ARGH" Lalzari shrieked as a wide strong hand clasped over her head pushing her backwards with such force it looked as if she was a flying kite swooning in the air. Her back hit the hard concrete and she rolled to her stomach screaming in agony. The same hand grabbed her shawl lifting her head up just above the ground. She knew what was coming, and kicked her ankle chains off swinging them against the figures head "SHHHAHHH" a deep voice groaned as they let go of Lalzari. She quickly rolled up yanking the emei piercers out of her bun, going into her stands ready for attack.

And without a second to kill she marched towards the figure throwing herself into it, slicing the figure with her weapon. "UGH STOP!" the voice barked as she continued to chevel cuts into their exposed skin. The figure threw the petite vixen off of them slamming her into the concrete once again. The sound of the emei piercers against the ground was like sharp forging blades at the blacksmith. Lalzari quickly got up once again, the collision of her piercers against the concrete creating a small spark of fire as her viens once again turned golden and illuminated against the steel causing a reflection backscattered in the emei piercers.

"Who- who are you?" The figure cautioned, their voice confirming that they had no plans to fight furthermore. Lalzari let down her guard securing her emei piercers back into her bun and tightening the chains. "I'm looking for blue flowers, where do I find them?" She inquired ignoring the figures question. The figure took down his hood and his face became clear.