The Blood for His Gain

'DRIP DRIP DRIP' life oozed out in a bright maroon river of blood from the side of the off-white bathtub

'DRIP DRIP DRIP' life oozed out in a bright maroon river of blood from the side of the off-white bathtub. That what once pumped oxygen to the heart of the living was now trickling down in a precise line and falling onto the floor. All that it is now, is a discolouration on the grey floor tiles.

"Lalzari, I know it looks like a lot but let me show you" the sinister king insisted, whilst putting out his hand signaling Lalzari to walk over to the bathtub. I can't do it! I can't bathe in the blood of young innocent girls! I won't do it! I won't.... Right? The perplexed vixen argued with herself. Mareeb being the insightful soul he is walked over to Lalzari taking her hand in his.

"Let me escort you, Omid" the astute boy said, his calm voice putting the anxious Lalzari to ease for a second. That second being ruined by the words that he spoke. Mareeb led Lalzari through the blood on the floor, pass the deceased bodies, right to the king and let go of her hand. Lalzari's hand stayed basking in the air coming from Mareeb's warm touch was like a child being told you got this buddy, as the child begs for their parents to not go. If only Lalzari could be a child again. How am I suppose to smell this blood and not have a reaction!!! I can't do this!!! Lalzari's told herself as her body did the opposite stepping closer and closer to the blood bath.

The king reached his hand out for hers whilst the blood dripped from them. He's going to touch my hands with the same filthy hands he used to kill all these young girls?! the frenzied Lalzari thought to herself, her disjointed thoughts as the mind zipped from one unrelated thought to another, cold sweat and clammy hands, the pounding heart, eyes widening in terror, flicking from side to side as she searched for an escape route, feet feeling as though they're welded to the floor, oh how she wished she didn't exist in this moment.

"What is all of this?! What did you do?!" The frightened femme fatal bellowed firmly whilst pulling her hand away and stepping back. Mareeb's tense aura filled up the room, a boy like him lived by never disobeying his masters and seeing someone do exactly that, caused him great distress. The sinister king dipped his hands in the pool of red before running his hands through his face and hair letting the red hue tint his features.

"HAHAHAHAHAAaahhhh my Lalzari these young girls they were destined for this. They sacrificed themselves for me. They loved me. With their youthful blood I'll uphold my power and be forever the most powerful of them all. This is very special you know... And I'm being generous in sharing it with you. So come on now don't be slow, come" the menacing master revealed. Lalzari went over every option in her mind, if she denied this offer he would know her weakness, and if she accepts, a part of her will die forever. Suddenly, an image of her mama filled her thoughts.

"This world doesn't play fair. You have to play the game to win sometimes. You have to suffer sometimes." Mama put her hand on Lalzari's warm cheeks as she stroked it and covered her child's in face glitter. This was Lalzari's first master that she had begged her mama to not take her to. But mama kept saying she had no choice. She kept apologising. Kept promising her safety and that all she had to do was massage his feet and he wouldn't hurt her. "Mama, I don't wanna go?!" the innocent child pleaded but mama didn't say much she just hugged her daughter tightly. That night turned into Lalzari's forever as mama never came back to escape with her. Lalzari thought mama had left her until she saw her corpse hanging in town for display. What had happened she never got the answers to, but mama must have really made someone angry.