I Turned Destruction Into a Speck of Heaven

The moon eclipsed into fast paced visions and memories of the ones Balencia loved and no longer were with her

The moon eclipsed into fast paced visions and memories of the ones Balencia loved and no longer were with her. The pain she felt was almost unbearable yet a queen didn't have the time to grieve. If she did, the power hungry would take advantage of her vulnerable situation. Thus, whatever harsh expressions she had on her face, was far from what her heart felt.

Rehamal had gone home as soon as they arrived back to the kingdom. She couldn't stop crying and Balencia knew a time like this isn't a good time to be alone. She had secretly called Lazarus to keep her company. Mareeb on the other hand, was more quiet than usual. In fact, all he did was stare out into the abyss as if his mental capacity had died along with Khushboo. Jamshar was rather detached, but he grieved for his wife's aching heart.

The moon only came out a few hours ago but the sun was soon to rise shortly after, and the dawn would be the essence of Balencia's entire mission. Grieving seemed like a luxury.

"Mareeb... I need you to..." Balencia gently asked watching the empty shell nod back.

"Don't worry... I won't let you down. Khush- (choke)... She wouldn't want this to fail" The servant boy reassured.

Balencia left the room to prepare. She wore her long manganese violet abaya that covered every inch of her body and adorned her hair with a veil. Jamshar stood like the shield of honour, watching her get dressed, and once she was fully ready she turned around to see his loving gaze adorn her existence.

"I know it's been hard me dowo. But you're almost at the end" he tried consoling.

"It's only the beginning. When the sun sets again, Obsidian is where we will go" Balencia bespoke as a reminder of her promise. Jamshar nodded in acceptance and appreciation as he gently took her hand, inviting her towards him. He tightened her shawl that she had elegantly placed around her hair and draped it over her shoulders.

"Even in the midst of all this chaos. I'll promise you one thing..." Jamshar said as his light bronze velvet eyes met her honey dipped pearls.

"And what's that, me hene?" Balencia asked, with pearls widening like the horizon they were chasing.

"I promise... From now on, we'll stay together even in war, even in hardship, even in chaos." Jamshar comforted watching his wife's face light up with a smile followed by thick tears that refused to fall.

"That's all I ever wanted!" Balencia said elated. There's so much more he hasn't told me yet, Balencia said in her mind as she watched the scar on Jamshar's face travel through his skin.

The two lovers turned their heads to stare out the window only to see the sky painted in orange and purple hues and the sun catching up to the illuminated moon.

"It's time" Balencia breathed.

The Queen of the kingdom sat with the marshal's and tactician on a round table. They discussed aggressively back and forth for the land was changing and they couldn't seem to find a common ground to agree on. Some wanted Saqatuu dead, others wanted him imprisoned and tortured. Yet none of them, knew what Balencia wanted. She sat like the royalty she was, her hand placed on her chin and a stare of determination. Then, suddenly drums started beating.