She Who Destroyed

Malaa almost spoke in an echo

Malaa almost spoke in an echo. Her voice was deep yet light, leaving a resonant sound after every word. Her accent had a song-like quality that was like swaying calm tides in the middle of a storm. It sounded like nothing Lalzari had heard before, making it hard to figure out where she actually came from.

She had such a strong presence even when silent her aura was so loud. She stood strong with a loose black and gold kimono dress and a black veil wrapped around her hair and most of her face. Even her hands were packaged in black gloves.

"You look like you could use some tears, ye?" Malaa crooned. She had a strange way of speaking and using her words which made it sound a bit like she was constantly humming a song filled with stories and scars that only she would ever be able to tell.

"Hah... I think I've cried enough for tonight... And it's all because of the king" the exhausted vixen replied as she rested her back against the tree trunk slamming her head against the bark. Malaa flatten onto the ground in such an elegant way that you couldn't even catch a glimpse of her legs or feet crossing, she just looked as if she was hovering above the ground.

"Which one?" Malaa questioned. Lalzari looked up at her with a puzzled look. Malaa pointed to both east and west signalling at the two opposite kingdoms. Malaa grinned at the bemused vixen and continued "What is your king's name?". A question Lalzari never thought of, she never saw the king as human so for her he never even had a name. The girl shrugged, too tired to explain anything.

"Ye king is Laham" Malaa said taking her flail off her shoulder and placing it on the ground. Malaa always looked like she was ready for battle and this may have been the first and last time Lalzari would see Malaa relaxed.

"Why did you ask if you already knew?" An annoyed Lalzari snaped but Malaa didn't seem fazed by the vixens attitude. The howling wind made the hairs under Lalzari's dress stand up and gave her shivers. Suddenly, white specks of ice started falling from the sky covering the ground in an instant. Lalzari's fingers ached in the winter wind as she clenched and unclenched them, trying to keep the feeling in her finger tips.

"You need to know and focus on these things" Malaa firmly stated. Lalzari gave out a long obnoxious sigh. Her desire for solitude didn't last very long, seemed like there was always someone whenever she tried to be alone and no one when she desired company.

"Where are you from, Malaa?" Lalzari sighed, side-eyeing The Khanhawar warrior. Malaa pointed at the kingdom opposite to Kingdom Laham. "Kingdom Saqatuu", and as soon as she said those words her face changed. Her aching, smarting eyes filled with great sadness and grief. Her expression awakened curiosity within the young vixen changing her attitude in an instant.

"Malaa... Are you just from the kingdom or are you royalty too?" Lalzari's clever response trapped Malaa into opening up, like an oysters shell protecting its pearl, tempted by curiosity. One of Lalzari's skills had always been that she for some reason made people around her open up. Perhaps her soft heart shined a light of comfort for those confined in darkness. Malaa looked down at her clenched fist and tensed her jaws and lips, like the lock on prison bars holding eruption at bay.