I Acended From The Dirt

The blood of The Makhulqat dripped off Lalzari's petite slim hands like raindrops against a wind screen, trickling down her palm reaching her very fingertips hanging as if it was a sick child draping on for dear life

The blood of The Makhulqat dripped off Lalzari's petite slim hands like raindrops against a wind screen, trickling down her palm reaching her very fingertips hanging as if it was a sick child draping on for dear life. The blood-stained vixen let out deep pants as she held the lifeless body of The Makhulqat leader by the collar of his shirt.

(Thud) The heavy robust body hit the ground as the king stared with his eyes almost bulging out of their sockets. His fingers touched his parted lips as he was in disbelief of how his petite jewel managed to wipe the entire tribe of existence. Talbazar stood next to Lalzari like a black sheep never being able to shine brighter than his rival. He stood wounded as if he was the one who had been attacked and not the attacker.

"Oh my Lalzari!!! You did it! You killed the tribe that was so hard to defeat!" The king boasted as he bend down to study the face of The Makhulqat leader.

"It's... It's not... Possible" Talbazar muttered in eternal disbelief of what he was witnessing. Lalzari shot her head towards him making him aware that she had in fact heard what he had said.

"Some of us are more capable than you think!" Lalzari snared back. It was not so much the words of Talbazar that triggered the exhausted vixen but the constant need to defend herself.

"Well to be fair Talbazar, the evidence is right here. She has the body but you... You came back empty handed" The king bespoke as he stared at his creation that mercilessly slaughtered a whole tribe.

Lalzari for Laham was like his most priced possession, a creation he had created from his own very hands. She was like the last ruby to ever exist, one that had been polished to shine brighter than any other stone. But he didn't know, that very ruby was not an outcome of Laham. No, she was the result of heat and pressure under suffocating soil. That's how she came to be. If only Lalzari knew that herself.

"I KNOW where you got your light from you wretched betrayer!" Talbazar boasted as he headed for Lalzari gripping the strands of her hair that had escaped her bun in his hand and yanked it towards him until she was inches away from his face.

"Say it then! Say it!" Lalzari taunted as she stared with the most intense stare that filled her with immense hatred creating a land of tsunamis in her vessel. Yet, Talbazar stood silent. Lalzari yanked her hair out of his grip and pushed him by the chest away making him tumble a few steps.

"You're a coward Talbazar! Stop wasting my time!" The enraged vixen roared as she stormed out of the king's chambers.

"Ummmm ummmm ummmm" The Bobla chanted. They stood there. Smootherd in darkness like a dog rolling in mud. Their gender couldn't be identified with their delicate faces that made their expression cold and unbothered like that of the olden paintings. The Bobla in the middle looked familiar to Lalzari yet she couldn't quite pinpoint where she had seen him. He had long straight black hair that draped over his face only making his cheekbones visible as they were they only part of his face that stuck out. Everything else, looked sunken in as if someone had vacuumed life out of him.

Lalzari slowly approached The Bobla's as fear was invoked inside her. She had fought The Makhulqat with no fear but for some reason she felt naked in front of The Bobla's. Perhaps her forbidden memories creeped back in creeking like someone trying to quietly approach unnoticed.

"I'm looking for the man whom is my blood" Lalzari announced as she interrupted The Bobla's chanting. The Bobla looked her up and down smiling.

"You grew up fast" he muttered as it sent the hairs on Lalzari's arms to march up.

"Tell me... Everything..." The scared vixen muttered as she knew deep down the truth was going to scar her so badly it would be like bathing wounds in acid.

"Your father use to always come and go here. He used our services well. He still does. Back then though... Your mother and father wanted to sell you to me but I told them we don't take bastard infants. Your father asked for advice and well I told him he could be wealthy if he sold you and your mother. So he listened and did so. The stars aligned as we told him to sell you the night he did. He fed your mother 7 golden almonds and made her sit at his feet constructively for 7 hours. He then sent her away at night knowing she and his child would never come back" The Bobla concluded as if he was telling a tale of someone that didn't exist. A fabricated story. Yet the 7 golden almonds awoke a hidden memory of Lalzari's.

The almonds dropped into the grave all over the weeping infant. "This is for the good! Dirty girls! We'll have a boy next time!" The father roared as the mother pushed him trying to fight him away from the child she had just given birth to. Her white dress still stained with blood from the traumatic birth she had just had. The tiny infant was covered in dry dirt, her cries slowly getting muffled, the only thing visible was her tiny fingers wrapped around her mother's. "My BABY!" The mother weeped as she fought as hard as she could until a strategy fell upon her. "Listen! We can sell her in the future! I'll feed her well! And make her beautiful! Then we can sell her in 3 years!"

The thought of dirty money brought pleasure to the father as he let go of the dried up mud in his hand and stepped away smiling as he walked off. He was one of the most shameful things the mother had ever done. She regretted ever falling for him and jumping into his arms like a forsaken maiden that had found her one and only.

The mother used her last strength to dig the dirt away and bring her baby girl to her chest once again as she sat in a pool of blood as the stitches birth had given her had ripped opened. "My sweet baby I'm so sorry! This is better than death isn't it? Mama had no choice" the mother weeped.

"Mama?" Lalzari said as her voice cracked. She had realised even though she felt betrayed by her mother somehow she accepted that she herself didn't know better and was probably thinking she was saving her baby. These memories to Lalzari were like her mama's initials on her skin. Sweet, because it made her feel closer to her mama and bitter because it would fade away in a few days and she would have to go back to that nasty blade in her drawer again.

The beating of her mama's chest, her sweet velvet scent that enveloped the infant and her warm comforting touch felt so nostalgic. "No, I have acended from the dirt! My lord saved me!" Lalzari roared as The Bobla took offence for her blasphemous ways. How dare she speak about a lord when she's in the company of statues and Bobla's.

She thought she would hate her mama but she didn't. She thought she would be mad at her father but mad isn't an emotion enough to explain what she felt towards him.

"Where do I find that bastard!" Lalzari roared. The Bobla gave her a piece of paper with an address on it and pointed up the road.

"He was here all this time?" Lalzari questioned as she couldn't believe that the very one man who had ruined her life and caused her so much grief was only a few houses away.

Lalzari stared at the statue next to The Bobla standing tall and carved. It was Imitating a gargoyle with horns but had wings like a saint. They really think these winged devils will protect them? Lalzari scoffed in her mind. She was reminded of The Makhulqat's and their love for worshipping the helpless.

"Hah... What an ugly statue" Lalzari bespoke watching The Bobla's face instantly change into defense as he started defending the carved stone but Lalzari didn't reply nor showed him any interest. I'll be back to destroy it, she told herself.

As The Bobla rambled on about how sacred that statue was Lalzari paid no heed. She had become the very lightening her veins possessed. She was electric, ready to fry anything in her way. She needed to get rid of any loose threads so she wouldn't be persuade or weakened.

"I have a heart to demolish" the revengeful warrior said.