I Heard The Weeping Willow

Loud clacking filled the air from the metal chains as Lalzari was tightening them securely around her ankles as a symbol of strength

Loud clacking filled the air from the metal chains as Lalzari was tightening them securely around her ankles as a symbol of strength. The chains and my legs, are pillars that are going to be my constant reminders of Mama, Melaniee, Jamshar, the warriors in dresses, the girl who is missed and now gone, the king and justice. The brave vixen chanted to herself. She had decided in that moment, she would no matter the odds go through with her mission. She had prepared herself for the raw, the ugly, and the terrifying parts of this journey.

Lalzari hadn't trained for years especially after losing Jamshar since he was the one who motivated her to train, but even so she chose to ask for the heavier chains, heavier than she had ever been able to carry. She had no time to waste, and if she believed she can do it, she'll transcend and do it. Lalzari was like the steam from boiling water, when heated enough she will float to the air.

Flashing images of the little girl who was sacrificed for the king's disgusting illusions circulate Lalzari's memories, trapping her in the moment of the bathtub. I can't stop thinking about her. Her body was so tiny and face so small, she couldn't have been more than five. She had been greatly dishonoured and Lalzari made it a plea to find her loved ones and let them know. That's what the determined Lalzari had wished someone had done when Jamshar went missing. He had vanished and no one ever came and told her if they had seen him or if he was dead. No I don't have time for these floating emotions. The weary femme quivers as the thought of her beloved Jamshar sends her in grief. She pushed the thoughts away as if they never existed. It's time to find the warrior women, it's time to escape again.

"Mareeb... I'm going to find some people so I'm leaving the castle. Cover for me" the adamant vixen said. Just as she was about to dash out past Mareeb he grabbed her wrist making her stop and turn towards him.

"Omid... Let me go with you. You plan all of this but I'm not apart of it. How am I supposed to help you take the king down?"

"I'll tell you everything once I get back. But the price of getting caught is too high. Mareeb... too much is going to be lost if I do get caught" Lalzari explained to the worried boy. Mareeb nodded understanding without a doubt that this is a battle they can't lose. He took off his black shawl that he always has drooping around his shoulders and wrapped it around Lalzari's hair bringing it in front and covering her face so only the eyes could be seen, just like a turban.

"Don't stop. Don't be scared. Think fast. And be quick. You can't get caught Omid" Lalzari nodded in approval of Mareeb's worries. How can a human who killed his own family still have so much love and care left for anyone else? Mareeb is another reason why I must succeed. The unwavering femme reminded herself.

No horses. No carriers. No powers. Just Lalzari's tiny legs accelerating as she ran out the cursed castle and into the deep and darkened forest. Unsure if it was the adrenaline, or if something had been awakened inside of her but even with the heavy chains around her ankles she was faster than she ever had been before.