The Water Surveillant

With a single spars snip with his fingers, pointing at Lalzari's dress and sleeves, the king's slave immediately understood what he wanted and hurried away to get it

"I see you've seen my famous basement, have you now Lalzari?" the king said with such entertainment filling his tone. He wants to desensitise me and he wanted me to see how much power he really has... Lalzari thought to herself.

"You've caused great corruption in this land" the insightful vixen stated, not holding back her thoughts this time. Just as the king had been testing Lalzari, she was now going to be delivering the same treatment back. Her smart tongue was only the beginning of her endevours. And by the look on the king's face he was enjoying her intelligence.

"No..nooo Lalzari my love you've got it all wrong, I'm only setting things right. You see, these people won't give you anything. They're useless and their lives are useless, I'm merely setting them free" he claimed whilst truly believing in the words himself. Lalzari tightened her grip trying to keep her composure. Grasping freedom was like trying to hold onto water that only just flowed freely through her hands.

"Master... How can one be free chained up behind bars?" the brave femme fatal asked as she looked him dead in the eyes. Her eyes emoting more truths that her tongue would ever speak.

"Sweet sweet Lalzari, they are free from the torture of this world. That is the biggest freedom. Don't feel bad for these people they were destined for this. Just be happy and grateful you're destined for power and greatness". The king fixed his attire seeming strangely proud of having innocent people locked away in his basement.

The slave came back with long sleeved dresses and handed them to the king "here you go my sweetest Lalzari, now you should only wear the things you truly like" Lalzari simply nodded not wanting to give him the satisfaction of a "thank you". Yet her mind could not stop thinking about all the lost innocent souls.

"Master, you've drawn a lot of blood, caused a lot of suffering, how do you sleep at night?" a worried Lalzari asked. The king started laughing in a manic matter before answering "look my love, blood must be drawn for power and greatness to arise. I kill with mercy, sometimes I poison which is the best way to go if you ask me. Soon, you'll be just like me. You'll come to understand" Lalzari stood in shock from the words he uttered. It's not that she hadn't met brutal, killing machine master monsters before... There was just something extremely terrifying about the king. If I had such power I would never oppress people, if I had power I'd give them freedom.... Could I ever gain such power? She pondered. 

"The people in the basement, who were they?" the valiant vixen persisted. The king smiled as if he had been waiting for her to ask him. Yet Lalzari was well aware of this, she was playing his game for the burning desire to destroy the Kingdom was like a rising phoenix within her.

"The women are women I thought would be you, the men are men too weak for army, the girls are girls I thought were pretty but too complicated, and the babies... Well.... They just came along" the sinister king replied. The king only lived to rule and persist in more power. A life is not a life in the eyes of the king, he merely sees them as moving beings not souls with stories untold.