The Kingdom of Balencia

Mareeb stood like the chaotic waves of the sea that murmured and flooded whenever the ocean was in danger

Mareeb stood like the chaotic waves of the sea that murmured and flooded whenever the ocean was in danger. At first glance, one wouldn't be able to tell, that the water surveillant had legs that shook beneath him for he had a very pivotal task to complete. He reached down and grabbed his watch, pulled it out and checked what had become of the time.

"Seven... Forty-four..." The servant boy whispered as he stood watching the loiter ticks reach twelve. And a few moments later, the time had reached the promised essence.

Mareeb shoved the watch back into his pocket and frantically ran outside his room with the aim of an arrow darting towards the bullseye. Balencia's servant boy grabbed one of the guards forcing him to turn around. Mareeb's eyes shifted and played the games of worry as he paused for a moment and without hesitation.

"THE KING! HE'S FALLEN ILL! HURRY!" Mareeb panted as he tried to re-create himself in the eyes of blind. The castle went into a frenzy as the king's men, maids, servants, guards and even the castle's unknowns became either curious or frightened to what had happened to the great king Laham.

Balencia eerily whispered like the calling of a banshee "I'm going to make you watch me become queen and crumble everything you've established" before the doors were slammed open by the guards.

"MAJESTY!" The guard yelled as he entered upon what seemed to be a devastating scene. And like a swam of frantic waves, Balencia summoned watery riveting tears from her honey dewed pearls, letting them fall like the heaviest of torrential rain.

"OH LAHAM! SOMEONE! HELP!" The vicious warrior cried and she threw her hands around the king's shoulders embracing him to only look back at the guards like the forest trees trampled to death, she had a face of deceiving anguish.

The guard's rushed to Laham's aid taking him away for immediate medical attention. Balencia wept harder than the weeping willow, as she reached her hand out only to pretend to be let down, as they carried the king away. One of the guards, came next to Balencia, resting his hand on her shoulder, he sighed.

"I'm so sorry, Lalzari... Hopefully he'll be okay" Balencia nodded as the guard embraced her into his arms. The mask of Balencia was one only the blind could see. No one, truly, knew who the unknown Laham bought actually was. That ignorance, was exactly what had led Balencia to her reign.

Laham's weak body laid in his bed as his eyes kept rolling back into his skull. Once in a while, he would try saying something but the only thing that would escape his cursed lips were that of incoherent sounds and mutterings. The pitiful king wasn't even able to stand up, let alone speak. Talbazar, Balencia and a few of Laham's most trusted men stood around his bed waiting for the medic to speak news of his health.

(Sigh) "It seems the king must have had a heart failure... Or stroke... Which has unfortunately caused brain damage. He... Um... Won't be able to speak... Ever... Again..." The medic informed followed by Laham's intense moaning with some occasional tears running down his sunken face. The king, was still present, he was just unable to speak or communicate.