I Am The Queen

(Gasp) "Ahhhh wahhh" Khushboo sighed in solace as she watched the heavy charcoal clouds obscuring the sky whilst holding her notebook, clenched in her hand against her chest

(Gasp) "Ahhhh wahhh" Khushboo sighed in solace as she watched the heavy charcoal clouds obscuring the sky whilst holding her notebook, clenched in her hand against her chest. Khushboo stood outside the house of the healer, hunched over, from the immense pain she was in. But not even that amount of agony, would stop her from witnessing the one thing she longed the most.

The trees, bushes and grass bended rapidly whipping in the wind from the after effects of Balencia's power. Rain started pouring down profusely, as drops bounced off the pavement.

"I can't believe... She...sh- did... AH URGH" Khushboo shrieked as she headed for the ground only to be caught by Rehamal.

"NURGH! KHUSHBOO! Come! Hurry! Let's go back in! You need to lay down!" Rehamal panicked as she slowly watched a loved one deteriorate.

"Re... Please... Just.. on- one... more moment" Khushboo pleaded closing her eyes like the wings of a moth protecting itself from the dusts of evil in the world.

"O-okay" Rehamal obliged, as they both stood like a withered rose with its strong roots, stranded, in the pouring rain.

Back in the castle, Balencia entered back into the royal rooms where Laham's former trusted men were all gathered.

"Ahhh congratulations Queen Balencia! I should introduce myself properly. I'm Dräken, at your service" Laham's once right-hand established.

"Hmph" Balencia scoffed analysing the men in the room. They were not all like Laham, some of them, like Dräken were just eager to keep their position of power, not worrying who they served. Others, were in love with the laws and regulations of the land. Then there were some who were like Laham, who loved bathing in young girl's blood, those were the ones Balencia had to get rid of. And of course, there was Talbazar, the instigated coward. But a coward is at times much more dangerous than anything else, for they do not play fair.

"We need to celebrate! Tonight! A big dinner for Balencia! One big table of elites!" Dräken suggested with gleam and glow, yearning to stay the right-hand.

"Hmmm... Make that two huge tables" Balencia commanded watching Dräken shiver and shake from the potential chance of saying the wrong thing. Alas, the big event was causing maids and servants great busy, as they only had a few hours to prepare. Since everyone would be distracted, Balencia took it as the perfect opportunity to decrease the diseases that infected the land.

"Walk with me, Dräken" Balencia demanded watching the insecure man obey without hesitation. This power is the sweetest revenge I could ever have achieved. Balencia thought to herself with pride and relief.

The two walked through the hallway of the castle. As they trailed along, potraits of the once great Laham were being taken down by servants as if the king had died. He was no longer important enough for the castle walls to wear. Balencia, had declined her own photo being put up, instead the walls were empty only the naked ornaments of gold and marble painted the walls.