83.

Bella felt her heart drop.

Her mouth fell open slightly, and she tried her best not to make it obvious when she looked behind them.

It was a van like truck and as Tommy took a turn, it followed.

"What do we do?" Bella asked trying to switch her persona to her business side. Normally it would be easy to, she's been in dangerous situations like this before. But now she didn't just have herself to worry about. She had Tommy and the baby.

What really worried her was knowing that Tommy would do anything to protect her at all costs.

He ran a hand down his chin, he had to think fast because there was only so much time to stall before they made a move.
It had to be assumed that they were here to kill them, at least Tommy or take Bella.
He couldn't let that happen.

He looked over at her, she seemed to be trying her best to stay calm too, ready to do whatever he needed her to.
"Reach discretely into the back, under the blanket on the floor is a machine gun and a magazine. I need you to load it, then get the gun in the glove department ready for yourself. Once we park, we'll only have a couple seconds a head of them."

She nodded, taking in every word. They had to be smart about their moves. Keeping her back against the seat, only putting her right arm into the back, Tommy sped up slightly to put some more distance between them.

Bella got the machine gun loaded and ready for Tommy. Then grabbed the gun for herself. While she was checking to see how many rounds she had, Tommy reached out placing his hand on top of hers, intertwining their fingers.
She looked over at him, seeing the lines on his face showing how stressed he was. Holding onto her hand tightly. He didn't know how this was going to end, so he spoke truthfully,
"I love you, Bella. Whatever happens today, I need you to know that. I love you, I love Charlie and I love our baby."

Bella stared at the side of his face, hating the desperation she heard in his voice. She won't let herself think of the possible out comes, it'll only distract her. So instead she kissed the back of his hand,
"I love you too. And you can tell me all about how much you love me and our children when we get home, because we're going home."

hesitantly nodding, wanting to believe what she said to be true. "Get ready to get out fast." He told her as he pulled the car up in front of a building.

It was a living complex. One with many floors and apartments in it. Tommy brought them here because it'll be the easiest place to navigate through with the Italians not knowing the layout like he does.

As soon as the car stopped, both of them were out and Bella's hand was tightly in Tommy's as he lead them quickly up a set of stairs.

It come out to a balcony. Tommy gently pushed Bella's body flat against the wall furthest away from the edge. He was breathing heavy as he looked at her with serious eyes. It gave Bella a glimpse of what he was like during the war.
"Stay against the wall and stay low. Once they come we're going to have to move quickly."

She nodded. The shotgun held tightly in her hands. "I'm ready Tommy."

He kissed her for half a second before going to the edge, lining up the machine gun.

Bella held her breath, listening and waiting. It wasn't long before she heard the American-Italian accents from below. They were asking where they went. A shiver ran down her spine when she heard Luca's voice. She hasn't seen or heard him since all of this started. She wanted to keep it that way, because she wasn't sure she'll be able to handle it. But now there was no choice. It was so quiet for a second after she heard him tell the men to split up to find them.