Explain Yourself!

Sonics pov

We did a loop around town and and once I was sure we lost them I circled back to the cafe.

"Well that was a close one" I said as I gently set jet down on his feet.

"what the hell is wrong with you!" he yelled as he pushed me hard "you better explain why you put me through that embarrassing serade!"

"hold on. You two aren't actually dating?" knuckles asked. The others look equally as confused.

"oh no no no. We were just pretending so that those two would leave Amy alone" I explained.

"you did that for me?" tears weld up in Amy's eyes before she dived into my chest "oh thank you sonic. I guess I can forgive you for forgetting our cafe date"

"wow you two are impressive actors. I totally brought the whole couple dynamic!" tails chuckled.

"Well you know what they say. If you're going to do something then you better go all out!" I grinned.

We all laughed and smiled again. Happy to be in each other company. I had almost forgot about the whole babylon situation. That is until jet spoke up.

"I hope you didn't think that I was doing you a favour" he folded his arms and glared at me "I want payment for helping you out!"

"oh well I-" I thought for a moment "I could pay for your lunch"

"paying for my lunch won't make up for the embarrassment you caused me!" he yelled "I want 1000 rings. That is unless you want me to tell them the truth" he smirked at me.

"don't do that!" they'd kill me if they found out! "look I can get you whatever you want ok. Now do you want to get lunch with us"

"of course I do! I'm starving!" he said as he happily took a seat.

And so we had lunch with Jet which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He's actually a pretty chill guy when we're not fighting each other.

Maybe pretending to be his boyfriend won't be so bad..