Five Year Reunion

Sonics pov

I ran down the streets with mira in my mira in my arms. Today the day I finally get to see all my friends together again.

With the busyness of parenthood and adult life we rarely get to meet up as friends anymore but now we finally getting together to celebrate our little buddy getting married in the place that started it all...

The cafe.

I stopped in front of it and took it all in for a second. This is the place where this whole love affair started. It sure brings back memories.

"what are you staring at papa?" mira asked.

"oh well this is the place me and your mother fell in love" I explained.

"more like you pretended to love me to get uncle storm off auntie Amy's back" jet shrugged.

"I don't get it" mira muttered, obviously confused.

"I'll explain it to you when you're older honey" I chuckled nervously "let's just go in and say hi"

"ok"

We walked in and I was immediately takle hugged by none other Amy!

"sonic it's so wonderful to see you again" she said brightly "and mira you've gotten so big honey"

Mira nuzzled into my chest nervously "papa who is this lady?"

"sonic you never told her about me" Amy teared up.

"no of course I did! She just doesn't recognise you!" I said quickly. The last thing I need is Amy getting angry!

"is everything alright over here" shadow walked up to us.

"oh hello shadow" I greeted him "you and amy are still together I see"

"yes of course. Why wouldn't we be?" he raised an eyebrow.

"oh no reason. Just making conversation" I said sheepishly. I never know what to say around this guy!

"you haven't changed a bit sonic" he shook his head "though I suppose that's refreshing in a way"

"daddy" suddenly a little pink hedgehog with red eyes landed on his shoulder "daddy come play with me!"

"not now stefan. Can't you see daddy's talking" he gently scolded the boy.

"I see your son has the same powers as you" I pointed out.

"yes he can manipulate chaos energy same as I" he nodded "what about your daughter? Can she run as fast as you?"

"actually I don't think she has super speed" I muttered.

"I see though that's probably a blessing in deguise" he said thoughtfully "life is easier for those who aren't different"

"true" I nodded "well I'll see you around shadow. I still gotta congratulate my buddy on his engagement"

"right we'll see you around"

"bye sonic!"

I walked into the cafe to see tails chatting with his future wife. I ran up to him.

"hey bud"

He turned around in surprise "sonic I'm so happy you could make it"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world" I smiled up at him. Yes he's managed to outgrow me. It's embarrassing to say the least!

"uncle tails!" mira jumped into his arms "I'm so happy you're marrying miss zoey. She'll make a amazing auntie!"

"aww thank you sweetie" zoey gushed.

"I'm so happy you approve" he smiled at her "cause I was hoping you'd be my little flower girl"

"I would love that!" her eyes lit up excitedly.

"I'll leave you two to it" I chuckled as I took a seat opposite knuckles.

He was sitting with rouge and his two kids Randall and tika.

"wow two kids already" I gasped.

"what? It's normal for couples to have several kids" knuckles shook his head.

"plus having a sibling is a wonderful thing" rouge said brightly.

"hmm maybe it would be nice for mira to have a sibling" I muttered to myself.

Unfortunately jet heard me "we are not having anymore kids!" he said firmly.

"I was kidding!" I said quickly. Jet glared at me but didn't say anymore.

"haha he's sure got you on a short leesh" knuckles laughed.

"like you're the one to be talking"

"hey!"

Our up and coming argument was cut off by tails raising his glass "would anyone like to raise a toust?" he asked.

"I would" I stood up "I'd like to raise a toust to my best buddy and to our reunion!"

"cheers!"

We clinked glasses and chatted away about whatever came to mind. It really feels like nothings change.