Kicking

Jets pov

I was sitting in the living room watching TV when...

"gahh!" I yelped as I felt a sudden sharp pain in my stomach.

"what's wrong?" sonic ran into the room looking worried.

"sonic I think there's something wrong with the baby" I muttered as I held my stomach "I felt a sudden sharp pain as if someone was kicking me-" I jumped as another sharp pain hit me "there it is again!"

Sonic eyes lit up as he placed a hand on my stomach "hey baby" he muttered softly "it's me your daddy. I'm glad to see you're up and active but try not to hurt your mom ok?"

"w-what are you doing" I looked at him with a mixture of confusion and panic.

He smiled at me reassuringly "relax honey. The baby's just kicking"

"it's kicking me?" I gasped "why? Dose it hate me!?" I felt tears brim in my eyes. I don't want my baby to hate me!

"no no no honey!" he scooped me up and placed me on his knee "it doesn't hate you. That's just what baby's do"

"I've never heard of a baby doing that before" I muttered into his shoulder.

"yeah" he sighed as he rubbed my back "I sometimes forget how different you babylons are to the rest of the world"

"hmm" I mused "do you think our kids going to be different too?"

"most likely considering who their parents are" he chuckled "there's nothing wrong with being different though. Just makes the world more interesting if you ask me"

I nodded, feeling a little better after his answer "wanna watch a movie together?"

"I would love to" he nuzzled into my neck.

I smiled to myself as I switched the TV on, looking forward to a night of movies and cuddling.