Talking About Her

Jets pov

I walked through the door with mira close by. I really worry about that girl. She just so hard on herself, thinking she constantly needs to prove herself to everyone. I don't know what to do about her.

"hey guys" sonic ran up to us "you two are home early. I thought you'd be gone longer"

"what's the matter? Disappointed?" I chuckled.

"relived actually. I hate being alone for so long" he muttered.

"aww you poor baby" I said teasingly.

"hey it's not like that" he muttered as his face turned red "I just get bourd being by myself for so long. Come on mira back me up here"

Mira looked to the side sadly "I think I'd like to go to my room now if that's ok"

"oh sure kiddo" sonic muttered, a little taken aback by her bluntness.

She nodded and ran up to her room.

"what's up with her?" he asked.

I sighed "she's had a bad day"

*time skip*

"I see" he nodded "poor kid. Sounds like she had quite the day of it"

"I really worry about that girl" I muttered nervously "She just so hard on herself, thinking she constantly needs to prove herself to everyone. I just don't know how to help her"

He gave me a knowing smiled "you know who she sounds like?"

"who?" I asked.

"you when you were a kid"

"no I wasn't!" I yelled "I was nothing like that!"

"yes you were" he chuckled as he took a seat "that's why you were so competitive. You always felt like you had to prove yourself. Prove that you were good enough to be a leader but you turned out fine and so will she"

"I suppose so" I sighed as I lay against him. Maybe he's right. Maybe we should just let things play out...