Hospital Trip

Sonics pov

I raced to the hospital as fast as my legs would take me. I left the car behind since it would just slow me down. I might get a ticket for that but I don't care right now! I have to be there for my husband and baby!

I burst through the door and ran to the waiting room, not waiting to ask for directions. I ended up running around the whole hospital before I found where wave and storm were.

"right on time hedgehog" she smirked "though I'd expect nothing less from you"

I ran up to her "is he ok?"

She nodded "he's in alot of pain but the doctors are taking good care of him"

"the boss wouldn't be going through this if it wasn't for his stupid genetics" storm grumbled.

"take it easy storm" wave said firmly "there's nothing we can do now. We just have to wait"

And so we took a seat beside each other. I tapped my foot nervously. Waiting. It's my worst enemy. I hate sitting still sure but most of all I hate the uncertainty of waiting. I want to rush in and figure out what's going to happen immediately but this is one of those instances where I can't do that. All I can do is wait.

Wave placed a hand on my shoulder "take it easy hedgehog" she said gently "he's stronger than he looks. He and your baby are going to be just fine so try not to look so nervous"

I nodded greatfully "you're right. Thank you" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Now we wait..

*time skip*

After several long, agonising hours a doctor finally came out.

"your baby has been born sir. Would you like to meet her"

Her? I have a daughter? "yes I would"

I walked in to find jet holding a small baby hedgehog in his arms. She was blue with green patches and had multicoloured eyes. My heart melted at the sight of her.

"my god she's so cute" wave bent down next to him "congratulations boss"

"I know" he smiled happily "our little mira"

Mira. I bent down and ran my fingers through her quills. My little miracle.