Looking for Payment

Sonics pov

I woke up as the sun hit my eyes. I sat up and stretched as a smile spread around my face.

"alright time to greet another beautiful day!"

I raced downstairs to find my best friend and roommate tails in the kitchen cooking. He had the same goofy looking apron he always had on. I smirked as I snuck up on him.

"boo!"

"ahhhhh!" tails yelped and turned around with a glare "do you have to do that every morning?"

"hey it's not my fault that you scare so easily" I chuckled.

He rolled his eyes and handed me my plate "here's your breakfast"

"thanks little bro" I ruffled his fur before sitting down to eat.

*time skip*

After clearing my plate I stood up and smiled at him "I'm going on a run bud. Mind holding down the fort for me?"

"sure thing" he nodded "just please try and stay out of trouble"

"I'll try" I chuckled as I ran out the door.

I ran out of the door at full speed. Everything blurred around me as the wind rushed past me. It was such a freeing feeling. I love moving fast. It's the best feeling in the world-

"hey hedgehog!"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to come face to face with jet himself!

"hey buddy" I waved nervously. God I wasn't ready to face him yet! "what brings you here?"

"nothing much. Just getting some fresh air" he shrugged "my whole team think I'm head over heels for you of all people. It's humiliating"

"hey could be worse. They could think you were in love with knuckles"

"oh don't even say that!" jet burst out laughing. I stared at him for a moment. He had a surprisingly cute laugh. It was sorta captivating..

"uhh why are you staring at me like that?" he looked at me nervously.

"oh no reason!" I said quickly. That was weird. Why am I thinking of him like that? He's not even my real boyfriend!

"anyway I want my money" jet said brightly "you didn't forget did you?"

"of course not" it might have slipped my mind! "I don't have it right now but I'll have it by tomorrow"

Jet folded his arms "you know if you take too long I'll just end up telling them"

"tomorrow. I'll definitely have it by tomorrow!" man he sure knows how to drive a hard bargain!

"good. I'll hold you to that" he grinned.

I was about to leave when...

"there you are jet!"