Family Dinner

Sonics pov

I walked through the door with a tearful toddler in my arms. Jet turned to me angrily.

"where on earth have you been-wait why's mira crying?" he ran up to his daughter worriedly.

"she had a bit of a scare but she alright now" I said reassuringly.

"oh darling" he scooped her out of my arms "come on sweetie. A good breakfast will cheer you right up"

"ok mama" she mumbled into his chest.

I smiled. I've been blessed with a sweet and kindhearted daughter who rarely causes trouble. It's no wonder me and jet are so protective of her!

"sonic get in here already. Your food's getting cold!" jet voice snapped me right out of my thoughts.

"coming!" I said as I raced to the kitchen.

I took a seat at the table and the food was placed in front of me.

"I helped set the table today" mira said proudly.

"oh good job honey" I smiled at her "you're always so helpful"

"yeah unlike some people" jet smirked.

"hey I'm plenty helpful!" I said firmly.

"oh yeah? Name one time you helped me around the house" jet folded his arms.

"ok fair point" I muttered "but I keep you guys safe from bad guys and stuff"

"yeah papas a superhero!" miras eyes lit up "I really admire him"

"thank you baby girl. As least someone dose" I shot a smug glance at jet.

He shook his head fondly at us "so how are you feeling about tails getting married?"

"it's crazy" I chuckled "that kids growing up way too fast!"

"Well everyone's gotta grow up at some point" he chuckled.

"that means miss zoeys going to be my auntie now" mira said excitedly.

"that's right honey" I petted her head "now go get changed. We going to meet your aunties and uncles for dinner"

"kay!" she said brightly as she skipped off to her bedroom.

I smiled to myself. After all this time I finally get to see my friends again. I can't wait!