Eating Together

Sonics pov

I sighed as I came back home. I searched the doctors lair high and low but the place was completely abandoned. Wherever the good doctor is it's not there!

"honey I'm home" I said as I walked through the door.

"about time" jet ran into my arms, an excited smile plastered across his face "come in come in. I have some exciting news to share"

He took my hand and led me to the kitchen table where a lovely cooked dinner was waiting for us.

"wow babe this looks delicious" I grinned as I sat down.

"are you really surprised" jet grinned proudly "my cooking's always amazing"

"it sure is babe" I chuckled "so what is it that you wanted to tell me?"

"ok get this" he held up a blueprint proudly "I'm planning a big heist with my team to steal the serian jewels. If we can pull this off it'll be huge!" he was practically bouncing on his seat in excitement.

I sighed "honey I don't know how I feel about you still being a theif"

He frowned "why?"

"Well because it's wrong to steal and it could land you in jail" I explained.

He folded his arms "fine but only if you give up your hero work"

"what!" I yelped.

"you going out and saving the world is very dangerous and I'm always afraid that I'll get a call that you bit the big one" he said softly "see there's things I don't like about your job too! So I guess we'll just both have to quit to make each other feel better"

"or we could both keep working with the promise that we'll be careful!" I said quickly.

"hmm yeah that'll work" he smiled proudly at himself.

I sighed. That man's got me wrapped around his little finger!