Watching The Sunset

Sonics pov

"this is nice isn't it" jet muttered as he lay his head on my shoulder.

It's been a crazy week for us. We got together under strange circumstances and by strange I mean we pretended to be a couple until those feelings became real! After that we had to deal with overprotective siblings, a mad doctor and our lives being placed in danger. Now we're sitting on the hoverbourd watching the sunset.

"yeah it is" I wrapped my arm around him "it's nice to get some down time"

"this coming from the guy who never wants to slow down" he chuckled.

"Well it's true I like to run at high speed but it's also good to slow down and enjoy the moment with the one you love" I smiled at him.

"you always know what to say don't you" he sighed.

"don't look so annoyed about it" I chuckled as I kissed the top of his head.

I looked out towards the sun "I love being up in the air. It's so.. freeing. Like I can just be myself for a little bit without having to worry about responsibilities or things like that. I'm guessing that's what running is for you"

"actually yeah more or less" I shrugged "do you ever feel stressed out being a leader?"

"a little bit" he muttered "I have to deal with police and wave and storms bickering but my father trusted me with this position before he.. went away" he looked to the side sadly before looking up determinedly "I don't want to let anyone down"

"don't push yourself too much ok" I told the boy gently.

"I won't. After all.. " he wrapped his arms around me "I've got you to look after me!"

I chuckled as I held him close. That's right. I'm going to look after him no matter what!