Five Years Later

Miras pov

I woke up to the smell of bacon. Yummy! I rushed downstairs to find mama cooking at the stove.

I ran up and hugged his leg "morning mama" I said brightly.

"morning sweetheart" he petted my head "you ready for the big day?"

"you mean where I meet all my uncles and aunties for dinner?"

"exactly" he grinned "some of them you'll be meeting for the first time. Isn't that exciting?"

I nodded. Honestly I'm a little bit nervous. I hope they're all nice people like mama and papa.

"now where on earth is your father?" mama sighed "mira would you be a dear a go look for him?"

"ok mama!" I said as I skipped outside.

I was immediately greeted with the fresh open air. We were lucky enough to live in the countryside where papa can do all his running without bothering anyone. I assume he's running off somewhere at the moment.

"papa!"I cupped my hands over my mouth and called for him" papa where are you?"

I decided to walk around a bit. Maybe he'll hear me better then.

"papa-" I was cut off by the ground slipping out from under me. I screamed as I felt myself falling but the falling suddenly stopped. I was in someone's warm arms. I looked up to see papa kind smile.

"you alright sweetheart?" he asked gently.

I burst into tears "waaa that was scary!"

"I know baby girl" he rocked me in his arms gently "but you don't have to be afraid. Papa will always be here to keep his little girl safe"

I nodded as I wiped tears from my eyes. I'm so lucky to have such an amazing family.